• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I discovered the Superbike School while looking for trainning tips on motorcycle riding.

I rode many bikes for more than 15 straight years in the seventies and eighties. Last year I bought a Suzuki Bandit 1200, after 19 years away from motorcycles.

My passion for bikes told me that I had to do it before "I become too old for this" . At 62, but fit and in shape, I felt that I needed help to overcome a certain insecurity I was feeling with this bigger bike. In this site, just by reading Keith's corner, I gathered enough information to immediately start to improve my riding.

Just counter steering and throttle control were notions magic enough to make any experienced biker see the importance of it.

I soon acquired the 2 volumes of Twist of the Wrist, and the video.

Today I can say that my safety and enjoyment of biking have reached a new and much better level.

Much more training is still needed, of course; and I miss the coaching that only the school folks can offer.

I may not have the chance to attend the course; but, if that chance arrives...

Thanks for this space, and the knowledge you share.

Jorge Medeiros

Hi Emma,

Glad the school went well (not surprised the UK branch looked after you well though).

It just occurred to me, are there any special issues that a woman would like to see covered in the forum?

Best,

Cobie

Hi Emma,

Glad the school went well (not surprised the UK branch looked after you well though).

It just occurred to me, are there any special issues that a woman would like to see covered in the forum?

Best,

Cobie

Hey Cobie!

The UK branch are great, the friendliest and most helpful bunch you could ever wish to spend a day at the track with.

As a woman - no i don't think so, we have pretty much the same issues as the guys when it comes to cornering. Personally my biggest issue is confidence to crack the throttle open more and pick up the pace, but the superbike schools have given me so much more knowledge of the abilities of my bike, and how it works on track, that i'm on the way to getting braver!

Hoping to get some more track time over the summer and go and do my level 4 later this year or early next year.

If i think of anything the girls might like covered here i'll let you know!

Emma.