Body Position

Following the guidance in TOWII ie the ideal weight distribution for the motorcycle during cornering.

I assume the best body position is as far forward on the bike as possible, thus enabling a higher

level of throttle, to ensure the best weight distribution, which is approximately 30-40 front 60- 70 back.

So to me the position of the body forward or back determines the relationship between cornering speed

and lean angle.

James.

Following the guidance in TOWII ie the ideal weight distribution for the motorcycle during cornering.

I assume the best body position is as far forward on the bike as possible, thus enabling a higher

level of throttle, to ensure the best weight distribution, which is approximately 30-40 front 60- 70 back.

So to me the position of the body forward or back determines the relationship between cornering speed

and lean angle.

James.

Or, by keeping your body further back on the seat, you can roll-on the throttle more gently throughout the turn and still maintaining the desired distribution, thus enabling you to enter the turn faster and carry more speed throughout the whole turn. By moving your weight forward then getting on the throttle more aggressively, at aggressive lean angles, aren't you just risking sliding the rear wheel? And all with the goal of gaining back that speed that you could have just not scrubbed off to begin with?

When sitting fruther back on the seat it is easy to make the transitions back and forth from left hang off position to right hang off position, and it is easier to hold onto the gas tank with the legs. If sitting far forward on the seat, ya have to kinda akwardly rotate your torso around the gas tank in order to hang off, plus the knee won't be able to lock into that convenient lip on the tank.

The only time I move forward all the way on the seat is when I'm upright enough to go to full throttle.