Hello From Seattle

Just saying Hi from the Pacifc Northwest! I'm going down to Vegas this week for the two day camp and am really looking forward to it. I did my first track day last year and ended up doing 3. The first in Spokane (now closed) and two at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA. I've been to Portland Int'l Raceway but haven't ridden on it yet, something I plan on correcting this year. I ride a Ducati Paul Smart 1000LE Sport Classic and a BMW K1200RS. The Duc is for the track and goofing off on the weekends and I do some touring and longer day rides on the BMW.

Hi Martys,

Welcome to the forum! Vegas should be about perfect, just checked the weather too, and that looks dry and mid-70's, just about as good as it gets for riding.

That Duc is pretty, and the Beemer will do for the rest. Likely in a session or 2, you'll enjoy our 600's they do the job very well.

We'll see you at the school, come and say hello in the morning, I'll be there.

Best,

Cobie

Hi Martys,

Welcome to the forum! Vegas should be about perfect, just checked the weather too, and that looks dry and mid-70's, just about as good as it gets for riding.

That Duc is pretty, and the Beemer will do for the rest. Likely in a session or 2, you'll enjoy our 600's they do the job very well.

We'll see you at the school, come and say hello in the morning, I'll be there.

Best,

Cobie

Thanks Cobie! See you Thursday.

Just back from the 2 day camp and all I can say is it exceeded my expectations in every way! The only thing that could have made it better is a third consecutive day. (though I'm not sure my legs could have taken it) I'm already practicing my visual skills, looking for reference points, entry points, trying to identify apexes in each of the familar turns I've been riding for years. The queues you look for now with this new awareness just changes everything. I suppose I'll be spending the next several months refining my choices and reviewing how each choice helps me straighten the turns out best.

My experience went from utter frustration half way through the first day to utter joy all afternoon the second day. My speeds noticibly increased each day, my ability to attack each turn smoothly and stay on line improved with almost every lap and the on track coaching was outstanding. My sincerest thanks to Misti on day 1 and Pete on day 2. You really helped me break down my old (bad) habits and reconstruct my riding skills using the methods taught in class and practiced on the track. I never went down to be the next speed racer, I rode at my own pace with a goal of improving my own riding and I believe I succeeded. And yes, the ZX-6Rs are the right bikes for that course, they really get around. I can't imagine being on that course on a liter bike, just too much for such a small tight course.

My first track day is April 9th, I've been looking for YouTube video from other riders to try and break down my home track the same way that was done in Vegas. I'm already looking for a chance to come back for a return camp for levels 3 and 4 the end of the year. Thanks so much for opening my eyes to a whole new world of riding.

Just back from the 2 day camp and all I can say is it exceeded my expectations in every way! The only thing that could have made it better is a third consecutive day. (though I'm not sure my legs could have taken it) I'm already practicing my visual skills, looking for reference points, entry points, trying to identify apexes in each of the familar turns I've been riding for years. The queues you look for now with this new awareness just changes everything. I suppose I'll be spending the next several months refining my choices and reviewing how each choice helps me straighten the turns out best.

My experience went from utter frustration half way through the first day to utter joy all afternoon the second day. My speeds noticibly increased each day, my ability to attack each turn smoothly and stay on line improved with almost every lap and the on track coaching was outstanding. My sincerest thanks to Misti on day 1 and Pete on day 2. You really helped me break down my old (bad) habits and reconstruct my riding skills using the methods taught in class and practiced on the track. I never went down to be the next speed racer, I rode at my own pace with a goal of improving my own riding and I believe I succeeded. And yes, the ZX-6Rs are the right bikes for that course, they really get around. I can't imagine being on that course on a liter bike, just too much for such a small tight course.

My first track day is April 9th, I've been looking for YouTube video from other riders to try and break down my home track the same way that was done in Vegas. I'm already looking for a chance to come back for a return camp for levels 3 and 4 the end of the year. Thanks so much for opening my eyes to a whole new world of riding.

Well, that is just about as good as it gets :)

I'll let the other guys know, both Pete and Misti will be glad for sure.

For level 3, you will get a good leg work out too.

Best,

Cobie

ps--sorry i missed you on the 2nd day, I was horizontal, but much better now.