Can The Exhaust Servo Be Bypassed?

Just installed a new muzzy full system on my new race bike (06-636). Previous owner must have fudged up the servo, the muzzy plate does not work. I still get the "63 exhaust servo error code" Can it (the servo) be simply removed and some jumping of the connectors be done to prevent the light from coming on?

Thanks to any who can help.

Just installed a new muzzy full system on my new race bike (06-636). Previous owner must have fudged up the servo, the muzzy plate does not work. I still get the "63 exhaust servo error code" Can it (the servo) be simply removed and some jumping of the connectors be done to prevent the light from coming on?

I bet you could measure the resistance of the servo, get an equivalent resistor and plug it in the connector.

Will is still out of town today, but I'll see if he can get to this later in the week.

Best,

cobie

I never tried to remove the servo. I used the Lio Vince arm. I know if the servo is removed the ECU sees it as an open and codes it. The ECU also cycles the servo on boot to get the open and closed position. Good luck fooling the ECU.

Will

The bike will run with the servo disconnected, and will throw the code. According to the service manual the ecu will stop sending power to the servo but of course the light will stay lit. I'd like to avoid this as I'd like it to come on if have another problem plus it might prove distracting on the track. I guess if I could find the correct resistance it might be possible to wire in a jumper but the manual doesn't give up the goods on what that would be, guess I'll be Ebaying one, there are a few that will work.

What I suggested works on late model Triumphs and there's not reason it won't work on others. Just buy or borrow a multimeter (if you don't have one they're good to have anyway and cheap), measure the resistance of the servo, go the Radio Shack and get a resistor that's close and attach it into the plug using your favorite method. This is not tough or complicated.