New Guy From San Diego

Dropping in to say Hi. I am signed up for the Level I school on June 7th at Willow Springs and I am really looking forward to it. This will be my first experience on a track (with a street bike), and I am obviously a little nervous as to what to expect.

A little about me. Born and raised in San Diego, I have been riding for about 4-5 years total with about 30,000 miles on the street. I started on a 2002 Honda 600 F4i, and am now the owner of a 2008 CBR 1000RR. I was involved in an accident on the 600 back in Sept of '06, and am now just getting back on a bike, so about a year and a half layoff.

I had read Twist I and Twist II back in 2002, and I just finished re-reading them a couple of weeks ago. Great reading. I have told my friend that is afraid to ride a bike on the street (he is an awesome dirt rider/racer) that if he would just read those books, some of his fears would go away.

Anyways, can't wait for the school, really looking forward to leanring alot of new information.

Dropping in to say Hi. I am signed up for the Level I school on June 7th at Willow Springs and I am really looking forward to it. This will be my first experience on a track (with a street bike), and I am obviously a little nervous as to what to expect.

A little about me. Born and raised in San Diego, I have been riding for about 4-5 years total with about 30,000 miles on the street. I started on a 2002 Honda 600 F4i, and am now the owner of a 2008 CBR 1000RR. I was involved in an accident on the 600 back in Sept of '06, and am now just getting back on a bike, so about a year and a half layoff.

I had read Twist I and Twist II back in 2002, and I just finished re-reading them a couple of weeks ago. Great reading. I have told my friend that is afraid to ride a bike on the street (he is an awesome dirt rider/racer) that if he would just read those books, some of his fears would go away.

Anyways, can't wait for the school, really looking forward to leanring alot of new information.

Hi DMX and welcome!

Good idea to refresh on the books before you come, especially Twist 2. First time on a track, EVERYONE is nervous, pretty much whatever they say :) We have anice gradient approach, and that is an excellent track to train on, possibly the best.

Come and say hello that morning, i'll be there. Let me know if we can help with anything.

Best,

Cobie