Andy Ibbott Update 1St Week April

As promised, I thought you'd all be wondering how Andy's doing, so here's the update for first week in April.

Andy, true to his nature, is making very strong progress way ahead of expectations from his initial prognosis. He's now been moved from Oxford and has now moved back to Northampton closer to his family which is a very positive sign that the doctors felt comfortable enough to allow him to move. Andy contracted pneumonia as a consequence of his operation, and was really suffering with this in the first week or so, and although he still has some after affects, he's much improved in this area.

Andy's is showing good early signs of recovery from the stroke, though it's going to be long slow journey for full recovery (if you know anything about strokes you'll understand about this, and why this is so). I won' go into specifics though if that's ok, as it's not the right place to talk about the details. He's due to start his full rehabilitation program in the next week, so we'll watch and see how he goes on with that.

I'll keep you all updated, but we're all very pleased how he's doing, and so are the doctors, and that's all we can ask for so soon after his stroke.

Bullet

Thanks for the update Bullet. I am very happy to hear Andy is doing well. While the recovery is going to be challenging I'm sure Andy is up to it. After all, he's got some teaching left to do.

Please let him know we are pulling for him and most happy to hear good news.

Best,

Carey

good positive news , glad he,s moved back near his family an important step for him and a big morale boost too .

nice to get updates too .

he,s got a lot of support here .

I'm so glad to hear he's improving. I looked up one of his videos the other day to watch him go over the hip flick. My mom had several mild strokes, and I know even that much can be very scary. I wish Andy and his family all the best.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, I thought you'd all be wondering how Andy's doing, so here's the update for first week in April.

Andy, true to his nature, is making very strong progress way ahead of expectations from his initial prognosis. He's now been moved from Oxford and has now moved back to Northampton closer to his family which is a very positive sign that the doctors felt comfortable enough to allow him to move. Andy contracted pneumonia as a consequence of his operation, and was really suffering with this in the first week or so, and although he still has some after affects, he's much improved in this area.

Andy's is showing good early signs of recovery from the stroke, though it's going to be long slow journey for full recovery (if you know anything about strokes you'll understand about this, and why this is so). I won' go into specifics though if that's ok, as it's not the right place to talk about the details. He's due to start his full rehabilitation program in the next week, so we'll watch and see how he goes on with that.

I'll keep you all updated, but we're all very pleased how he's doing, and so are the doctors, and that's all we can ask for so soon after his stroke.

Bullet

Hi Bullet,

Just read what happened to Andy.

Prayers to both Andy and his family for a speedy recovery and continuous improvement.

Please keep us posted as Andy continues his recovery.

Blessings,

KawaKlaus

Archived