Student Photos

"This was taken on Sunday after I attended Level 1 and Level 2 in Phoenix at the Firebird West track. I've only been riding motorcycles for a year – and finally – in this photo, thanks to the class, it looks like I'm starting to get a clue J.

Kimberly Ring"

KimberlyRing.ReflectionsPho.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple of my favorites. Both at Barber. 1st is from level three, and 2nd is me trying to apply those lessons on my own bike.

Lookin' pretty good in both of these.

CF

• 4 weeks later...

I personally have completed three levels of your school, all at Mid-Ohio. Attached are some pictures of my body positioning. I would like to really lower my center of gravity and get my arm over the tank --> like more of the pros body position. From some of the pictures I have it seems that I am sitting up too much. Any suggestions on how to do this. I'll be going to Barber on March 17th, 2007 and will be doing about 12 track days before I come to level IV of the school at Mid-Ohio in August. Currently I am reading Twist of the Wrist, Vol. I to be followed by Vol. II.

post-2862-1168985620_thumb.jpg

post-2862-1168985634_thumb.jpg

post-2862-1168985706_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_6497_Cropped.jpgThis picture is taken going into the front straight (from Turn 12) at Willow. I feel like by pody position is good, but maybe I should be pushing the bike up more? What do you think?

Lookin pretty good, but I think you are right, picking it up a little more will give you that bit extra.

• 3 weeks later...

This was taken at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV after I had taken Phase 1 at Streets of Willow Springs last April. At 6'4" & 280 lbs, I'm not your average sport bike rider, which I think is why I'm able to get my knee down at a rather shallow lean angle.

I think I need to work on getting my body lower on the tank and be a bit more aggressive in turning the bike.

Hoping to do Phase 2 this April.

-Doug

post-1243-1172036556_thumb.jpg

This was taken at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, NV after I had taken Phase 1 at Streets of Willow Springs last April. At 6'4" & 280 lbs, I'm not your average sport bike rider, which I think is why I'm able to get my knee down at a rather shallow lean angle.

I think I need to work on getting my body lower on the tank and be a bit more aggressive in turning the bike.

Hoping to do Phase 2 this April.

-Doug

Doug,

We'll get to a part of what you need on the lean bike in Level 2, that should be a big plus. Some of the rest will need to be done in Level 3.

CF

• 3 months later...

Hmm.. Things have changed a bit Cobie.. I never got around to doing Phase 2 with you guys (sold out) but I have been improving. I've just completed the WERA racing certification school with Jim Cox at Pahrump this weekend, and have dropped my lap times by over 15 seconds this year alone at this track just by applying the things I learned in Phase 1.

Sometimes just going back to basics helps the most.

I'd post a picture up but I'm getting errors on the page for some reason and it won't let me.

• 1 month later...

This picture was taken June 3, 2007 at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Alabama. That weekend was my first time on the track and it was a great experience.

This is one of the better pictures from the weekend as it not only shows my lean angle, but it was very helpful in identifying some problems. The most obvious is my feet! Since I never really got out of 3rd gear, I got too comfortable on the bike, meaning that I didn't have the balls of my feet on the pegs. I actually scraped a toe on another turn! But it was a great weekend and I look forward to taking the next class.

Thanks again, Keith, Dylan, Judy, Cobie, MIke (1st day coach), Paul (2nd day coach), and Misti (lean bike coach). I can't speak highly enough for all of you.

IMG_8170-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Amazing what a year does for you. I'm now a little over a year past my 1st school with you guys. Took another 5 seconds off my fast time at Pahrump and I've dropped my Streets of Willow time down to 1:27.2 thanks to the stuff I've learned and then applied from the school.

I WILL be getting back to see you guys soon...

-Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is me #18 following Cobie Fair my Riding Coach. As you can see, Cobie is very relax, while I am working too hard! :) However, I improved a lot that day and will keep practice the drills until my next level.

coach_and_i.jpg

coach_and_i2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's me on the FireBlade at Oulton Park, Cheshire, UK. My mate Phil (fast as fook) is behind.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2296/bsp2848us8.jpg

Have no idea how you actually make the tabs above work to insert pics.

and here's a couple of me at Almeria doing Level 4 on the most inappropriate bike!!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4429/picture022ja5.jpg

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/848/picture065ky3.jpg

Not too bad for a fat bloke but the pic on the Blade shows the arms appearing a little stiff which I tend not to do normally so will pay attention for Monday when I'm doing the GP circuit at Donington, UK.