Fast Sweepers - What To Do On Entrance

Hi Everybody.

I taken ALL Levels I - IV, plus Level IV twice. My riding has improved greatly.

Question about Fast Sweepers...

I'm approaching a fast long sweeper coming from a short staight away, and I'm still accelerating.

Do I close the throttle on corner entrance approaching (TP), or do I enter the corner power on?

If you can keep the throttle pinned while bending it in, then do so. If you can't keep it WFO, try to back off just a little bit without using brakes, bend it in and then get back into the throttle... smoothly. Be as smooth as possible with the throttle throughout the rolling out and in process. And start early so you can ease off smoothly without being rushed into making a sudden throttle change. The primary goal is to upset the suspension as little as possible to help maintain as much speed as possible. The LAST thing you want to do is close the throttle.

Good luck,

racer

PS - Sometimes this type of corner combo lends itself to a short shift. If you find the sweeper is so long that you need to upshift somewhere in the middle (especially in the first half of the corner), you might try short shifting (up early) before you turn in. Try to carry the higher gear through to see if that might be smoother and faster than trying to up shift at high speed while dragging your knee.

Hi Everybody.

I taken ALL Levels I - IV, plus Level IV twice. My riding has improved greatly.

Question about Fast Sweepers...

I'm approaching a fast long sweeper coming from a short staight away, and I'm still accelerating.

Do I close the throttle on corner entrance approaching (TP), or do I enter the corner power on?

OK, what's the thing that grabs your attention on this, front end traction?

Cobie