Schools In Northern Ca

Roadracing World magazine publishes a large schedule for any and all schools/groups. Or you can Google the tracks near you for their schedules. That is what I do when looking for events to canvas for new clients. And, of course, California Superbike School posts their own schedule on this website. If you haven't attended a school yet, this is where I would start before spending money on track days.

http://www.superbikeschool.com/schedule/

http://www.roadracingworld.com/calendar/glance/

http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/raceway_schedule/

http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/

That is what I thought and had sort of planned, I just wasn't sure on how to tackle it. On these superbike schools, I would like to use their bikes so is it possible to use the same or close to the same bike as I ride? I see a school that I would like to attend so I was just wondering. Thank you for your input.

Of the schools that offer a bike to ride, I'm not aware of one that offers options. If riding one like yours is really important to you, you should probably bring your own bike as the school bikes are modified and set-up for track riding and will feel and handle a good bit differently (better!) than a stock street bike.

In general, I think there are much more important criteria for choosing a school. If you don't believe what you read here about this school being light years better than all the rest, then by all means, go ride another school or one that has a bike like yours and then come back and ride the California Superbike School and let the forum know what you think.

Thank you for your input. It isnt that iprotant to ride one like mine I was just wondering. I have herrd of nothing but great things coming out of California superbike schools. I hop to be going to one in oct.

Hi rydnonedge,

A few things to know: the NorCal schools are super popular, and fill up well in advance. Sears Point (Infineon) and Laguna still have room in the fall, but some of the groups are already sold out. Calling the office is the simplest: 800-530=3350, or e-mail: info@superbikeschool.com.

Regarding the bikes: most that have come, even if used to something quite different, have gotten used to our bikes in a session or 2. One nice thing about getting on a well-set up bike, even if it's better than yours, you'll now have something to measure your bike by.

Hope this helps, call, e-mail (or post) if you need anything.

Best,

Cobie

Cobie@superbikeschool.com

Thank you for your input. It isnt that iprotant to ride one like mine I was just wondering. I have herrd of nothing but great things coming out of California superbike schools. I hop to be going to one in oct.

Please forgive my somewhat flippant response. I was feeling a bit defensive (about the school) I guess.

As it happens, the different CSS schools based in UK and OZ both use different brand bikes from the US based school. And some other schools here in the US offer different type bikes as well, ie. twins instead of in-line fours. And it is understandable that you might wish to ride the same type of bike as you ride on the street.

Again, my apologies.

Sincerely,

racer

racer, no offense taken at all. I just now have the means to put my self through school and as with anything I do I like to get as much info as possible.

Always a good idea.

Thanks.