Blipping The Throttle

Wurn

Hey all, i was just wondering about blipping the throttle. On my carburation bikes i could blip the throttle when braking and gearing down for a corner. On my 04 fireblade if i do it, i cant seem to brake hard and blip the throttle. When i brake and blip the throttle the bike does a forward backwards motion because of the pressure that i am releasing on the brakes to allow my hand to twist the throttle.

But blipping the throttle helps the bike not lock up on the back right? SO how can i do it without loosing out on the braking power? <_<

I use 2 fingers for braking, even one finger is fine sometimes.

Hey all, i was just wondering about blipping the throttle. On my carburation bikes i could blip the throttle when braking and gearing down for a corner. On my 04 fireblade if i do it, i cant seem to brake hard and blip the throttle. When i brake and blip the throttle the bike does a forward backwards motion because of the pressure that i am releasing on the brakes to allow my hand to twist the throttle.

But blipping the throttle helps the bike not lock up on the back right? SO how can i do it without loosing out on the braking power? <_<

I use 2 fingers for braking, even one finger is fine sometimes.

The thing that helped me was to adjust the brake lever so it came a little closer to the bar when braking. After a little trial and error I got the lever in a comfortable position so that I can blip and brake effectively without having to put any thought into it.

Also, it helps to have the brake lever positioned lower than the grip so that you don't have to reach up when braking.

Again, trial and error works best here. Make an adjustment, go for a ride and see how you like it.

Hope this helps!

Thx man, what you said makes sense. My older bikes did that, the brake lever came very close to the bar, spongy brake feel. WIth the fireblade i have it on setting 2 which is very strong and the lever does not travel that close to the bar.

WIll try this and see if it helps, but i actually think it will help. As for having the lever low, it is set low allready, something i allways do when i get a new bike, set my lever to my preferred positioning.

Thx man, what you said makes sense. My older bikes did that, the brake lever came very close to the bar, spongy brake feel. WIth the fireblade i have it on setting 2 which is very strong and the lever does not travel that close to the bar.

WIll try this and see if it helps, but i actually think it will help. As for having the lever low, it is set low allready, something i allways do when i get a new bike, set my lever to my preferred positioning.

No problem

If you don't mind, let us know how it works out for you when you get a chance to test it out

Keep in mind that if you set it too low, it may contact your knuckles when the brakes get hot or the pad wear takes over. Leave yourself some margin here.

I prefer the dial to the rotary (numbered) adjustment for this. Not sure if you have it on your brake or not. But it provides finer adjustability.

Keep in mind that if you set it too low, it may contact your knuckles when the brakes get hot or the pad wear takes over. Leave yourself some margin here.

Good point.

I know that when i had the stock calipers and Galfer HH pads on my 2006 ZX-10R that i had to keep the lever all the way out to keep it from making contact with my knuckles after a hard stint. It was absolutely horrible!

I was just wondering if you have SS braided or carboline brake lines? Less sponge more braking for less pressure. I broke down and bought a Brembo master cylinder for my CBR1000RR..no problem with the blip

All stock standard.

I was just wondering if you have SS braided or carboline brake lines? Less sponge more braking for less pressure. I broke down and bought a Brembo master cylinder for my CBR1000RR..no problem with the blip

OK, it works perfectly thx VIO. Its a bit softer when pressing it but still not touching my finger and still same braking power. BUT i can now blip the throttle. Ive dial to setting no 3 and its perfect.

Thx for advice man.

No problem

If you don't mind, let us know how it works out for you when you get a chance to test it out

OK, it works perfectly thx VIO. Its a bit softer when pressing it but still not touching my finger and still same braking power. BUT i can now blip the throttle. Ive dial to setting no 3 and its perfect.

Thx for advice man.

No problem

No problem at all. I am glad it worked for you like it worked for me :)