Tunnel Vision In The Race?

First of all thanks to every one how answered of helped me.

Now to the matter in question, in a race or a trackday when I am fallowing a guy in front of me it seams that I get hooked to him any line he takes I take any where he enters the turn I do so ( it is like monkey see monkey dose ) and with that my lap times go down and I can not seem to get passed him, I pass him eventually but after a long time.

Any tips?

Either do a Level 2 of the School, or get reading TOTW books :-

What you looking for is Vanishing Points and Wide Screen. More so Wide Screen.

They say you go where you look. Ever seen a video of a kid on a bike, sees the only tree in sight, and and that is what he hits!

Stop looking at the guy in front. Look where you want to go!

Cheers

The problem is that I am afraid that I will hit him, he has a strong bike so he is faster in the strait but I am faster in the corner so if I look at the points of turning I am afraid that he will brake early and then CRASH.

I will do level 2 when the school comes in the aria and I ordered the TOTW books and Andy Ibbot book too.

The problem is that I am afraid that I will hit him, he has a strong bike so he is faster in the strait but I am faster in the corner so if I look at the points of turning I am afraid that he will brake early and then CRASH.

No;

What Bones was saying was not to EXCLUDE him from your field of vison, just don't make him the CENTER of it. You can be aware of him without target fixing on him and in doing so, you can find your way around him if your corner speed is higher than his.

There is a vision drill in the Twist II book that will make this point better than I am here but it does work.

"Rainman"

I will do level 2 when the school comes in the aria and I ordered the TOTW books and Andy Ibbot book too.

Good plan. Level 2 has some great training in it, and the drills in the book will get you started.

C