All Levels Vs 2-day

hi im new here and was wondering what the difference is between the 2-day school and the single day "all level"...because the prices are way different

also i have a '08 ninja 650

would this be a good bike to bring?

im in NJ too so i would be at the thunderhawk track

thanks everyone!!!

-cody

hi im new here and was wondering what the difference is between the 2-day school and the single day "all level"...because the prices are way different

also i have a '08 ninja 650

would this be a good bike to bring?

im in NJ too so i would be at the thunderhawk track

thanks everyone!!!

-cody

Hi Cody, and welcome to the forum,

There is a quite a bit more info on the web page, http://www.superbikeschool.com/curriculum/ but the short version is each day of a school (regular, or 2-day camp) one can complete a single level. The 2 day camps have more personal service, more riding, more training aids (video review, brake bike), and more time to do all of them, as well as less students. It's semi-private coaching. Everyone rides our bikes at the 2-day camps.

Single day schools are excellent, and your Ninja 650 would be perfect.

If you want to make a May date, best to call the office right away. May 11 is sold out, May 12 has a few spots, May 15 has a few more.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or call/e-mail the office any time.

Best,

Cobie

cobie@superibkeschool.com

800-530-3350

hey thanks for the welcome and the information cobie

i have been riding for almost a year now and want to try out racing but dont really know much about it. do i have to pass all 4 levels and then take a test to get my license?

also if i do all that stuff and start racing is there a class for bikes like my ninja 650 that arnt as fast as the zx-6?

thanks for the info on this stuff, im going to a race shop this weekend to ask the guy about stuff

-cody

i have been riding for almost a year now and want to try out racing but dont really know much about it. do i have to pass all 4 levels and then take a test to get my license?

also if i do all that stuff and start racing is there a class for bikes like my ninja 650 that arnt as fast as the zx-6?

thanks for the info on this stuff, im going to a race shop this weekend to ask the guy about stuff

-cody

Hi Cody,

Depending on where you live, there are various classes, and the 650 should have something to run in (the SV has been around for 10 years, lots of guys racing those).

Most organizations will accept our single day school. The difference in what we do and many "race schools" is we are going to work on your riding technique. Many "race schools" are designed to help you learn the basics of flags, track manners and procedures, maybe a few practice starts with that particular race club.

That 650 is a fun bike, you should have a blast!

Best,

Cobie

-cody

Hey Cody

Welcome...can't add to much more about the schools..except they are great.

I see u are from NJ ...so we have a GREAT track in our neighorhood... :rolleyes:

NJMP is great and Thunderbolt is just an awesome track!!!

I will be doing CSS there on May 15th too...if u can make it ..would be a great way to get started...you will learn a ton and it will change the way you ride..

There are also alot of track days at NJMP (many clubs run track days there) so you could practice what you learned at CSS ....

Team Promotion use to do a race prep class at some of their track days...but they don't seem to be doing it anymore.

My advice though would be to do some CSS levels and then practice what you learned at track days before getting heavy into racing...

If you need any more info or anything...give a holler

Hope to see you at Thunderbolt :rolleyes:

Steve D

yea im hoping that i get down to the track on the 15th, i live all the way up in north jersey though so its gonna be a hike

also my 650 ninja has the WHOLE exhaust under the bike, would this be a problem?

i was thinking of getting an exhaust but i dont know if i would have it by the track date

also my handlebars are higher up for a more comfortable riding postion on the street...should i change these as well? and what about rear sets?

what about frame sliders?

thanks everyone for all your help, i appreciate it alot

-cody

yea im hoping that i get down to the track on the 15th, i live all the way up in north jersey though so its gonna be a hike

also my 650 ninja has the WHOLE exhaust under the bike, would this be a problem?

i was thinking of getting an exhaust but i dont know if i would have it by the track date

also my handlebars are higher up for a more comfortable riding postion on the street...should i change these as well? and what about rear sets?

what about frame sliders?

thanks everyone for all your help, i appreciate it alot

-cody

Cody--

You can spend quite a bit on performace stuff for the bike, but might change your mind after some training (on what's important to do/get). Good riding gear, good tires, maybe change the oil in the forks if they haven't, get the spring sag set for your weight, then have our Chief Mechanic (Will) take a look at the bike when you bring it down..

Frame sliders can be helpful, Will likes the ones we have on our bikes, RG.

One thing that will prep you for the school, is the Twist books, and video. Great stuff, easy to read, makes sense.

CF