Greetings All!

Well it's been some time since I either visited this site or indeed did a CA Superbike session, but I thought I'd return. OK OK, I admit there is a reason for this - I'm doing an enduro and with less than 3 weeks to go before Round 1 in France, I thought it wise to brush up on my techniques theory :lol: Moreover, I'm even eating salad and being healthy by exercising, etc. just to increase my stamina and lower the chance of making a mistake!

Here's the bike anyway, Gixer 6 SRAD:

Bike-sideways-700w2.png

It still needs a little work, but the engine has been stripped and checked, running gear works and today it's going to be (slightly) tuned. We've been really lucky so far, we have sponsors (van hire, ferry costs, etc.), just haven't put the stickers on yet! Anway, like I said, I won't bore you.

Keep the rubber side down everyone! :P

Chris

Hi Chris,

Let us know how the race goes for sure.

What are you doing to prepare for it--you mentioned reviewing technique info?

CF

Hi Cobie,

Well jolly nice for you to respond - I think you were my instructor many moons ago, Rest assured I won't be the 1001st person to see if you remember me!

Thanks though and I'll certainly let you know how the race goes, as for prep', I'm just going over old ground. I looked at the downshift/blip thread at lunch today...only to ride home and notice I did it anyway, ho hum! Plenty of other areas to go over. Honestly though, just want to touch up before I race, unfortunately I don't have the funds to do any practice track days, but I thought I could brush up on the theory via the TOTW book, various bonafide websites/forums such as this and so on.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Cobie,

Well jolly nice for you to respond - I think you were my instructor many moons ago, Rest assured I won't be the 1001st person to see if you remember me!

Thanks though and I'll certainly let you know how the race goes, as for prep', I'm just going over old ground. I looked at the downshift/blip thread at lunch today...only to ride home and notice I did it anyway, ho hum! Plenty of other areas to go over. Honestly though, just want to touch up before I race, unfortunately I don't have the funds to do any practice track days, but I thought I could brush up on the theory via the TOTW book, various bonafide websites/forums such as this and so on.

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

OK, if you I coached you, I expect a good result in the race! :)

Sounds like a decent plan. I have used the Twist and Soft books to tune up a bit for racing, and be prepared. Just having a plan for the different parts seems to work: prep, practice, race.

If you do have any specific questions or areas that you would like to address, fire away.

Best,

CF

OK, if you I coached you, I expect a good result in the race! :)

Sounds like a decent plan. I have used the Twist and Soft books to tune up a bit for racing, and be prepared. Just having a plan for the different parts seems to work: prep, practice, race.

If you do have any specific questions or areas that you would like to address, fire away.

he he, I'll make ya proud :)

You can probably see I've asked a few spurious questions around these parts, but thanks for being prepared to help me out with anything knowledge voids!

'The team' is doing a pit practice this Thursday - might even see if I can get some photos for the amusement of others here :D

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you'll stick around after you've "brushed up."

For sure, I'd hope to stick around, my ambition is to become a school instructor ;)

Practice the pit stops, good idea!

Very much enjoyed the endurance racing I did, lots of fun. Having the pit stops go cleanly, have a plan for contingencys too (just talking with some guys that did some endurance racing) and the tank wasn't fully filled in one stop, so rider had to come in early. They weren't prepared.

C

Thanks Cobie! Well we've (hopefully) planned our pitstops - one of our sponsors has bought us a acerbis quick filler, an amazing bloody thing! Thanks for the tips though mate, much appreciated ;-)

acerbis_quick_fill_system.jpg

speaking of the fuel stops though, it's a 4hour enduro and originally thought we'd get 45minutes a tank, but after testing we've (not me) have decided to opt for staying on the bike for 1h 20m's. It seems that for us, this event has gone from 'a bit of fun' to, 'we must win' - I preferred the first way of thinking!

Chris