On -board Filming

I was wondering :unsure: how do you guys mount a camara on board the tank for filming ? Where can I get the hardware and whats the best type video camara to use ? Also, what about helmet cams, what type are they and are they any easier to use and where can I get one ?

Thanks for any help !

• 1 month later...

For my videos, I use a camera from www.jonescam.tv As has been said before, you need a camcorder that can accept an auxiliary input. What hasn't been said is that as long as the camera is digital(if you're going to use it on a computer,) the actual camcorder you use doesn't matter because the little camera you're buying does all the work.

The way I mount the camera is with velcro under neath the headlight. I've never had a problem with it staying on using just the velcro but I usually add some duct tape to keep it secure.

You can check out some of my recent videos of a Barber Motorsports Park trackday on my website, www.gormanonline.com

Greg Gorman

No... No it's not. But it appears I've learned the lesson of the braking bike drill. :) Actually, I owe that skill more to my dad than anything. When I was 8 years old, he took me and my brother(15) out riding one day and had us do nothing but lock up the front wheel all day long while he watched. He started us off in first gear, worked us up to 6th gear and then added throttle blipping downshifts.

My brother and I hated that day. Now we talk about it in reverence at the foresight my dad had to do that. Braking has never been something I've had to worry about since.

• 3 weeks later...
No... No it's not. But it appears I've learned the lesson of the braking bike drill. :) Actually, I owe that skill more to my dad than anything. When I was 8 years old, he took me and my brother(15) out riding one day and had us do nothing but lock up the front wheel all day long while he watched. He started us off in first gear, worked us up to 6th gear and then added throttle blipping downshifts.

My brother and I hated that day. Now we talk about it in reverence at the foresight my dad had to do that. Braking has never been something I've had to worry about since.

I wish I could get anyone - anyone - to realize how important that is.

So many people think they are driving a damned car with handlebars... Grr!

Here in the UK locking the front brake is an important part of any advanced road based training. What is not understood is just how ###### the rear brake is. In Nortern Ireland most crashes involving over braking come from the rear brake! :ph34r: