World Superbike At Miller

I just finished watching the WSB races at Miller and have some comments.

1.) Sheehan and Russel are terrible race commentators. Where were Jonathan Greene and Steve Martin.

2.) I thought Jamie Hacking ran a good first race but he took chances that endagered other riders. He ran his team mate off the track in the first race and caused another guy to high side in the second. I think he hurt his chances for a spot at WSB.

3.) Way to go Melissa

4.) Way to go Ben

This is the year of the Haga, so it wasn't a good weekend for me. During race #2 I also figured that Hacking destroyed his chances. I know he wanted to go all out, but he didn't need to cause an accident. I also don't think Zemke has a chance at going any further than AMA either. I don't know why they picked him up for a second time as a replacement rider after his other finishes.

If you have TIVO, or can watch it on the internet, check out the MotoGP 250 in Mugello. Great race. The MotoGP race was fun also. They had to switch bikes from wet to dry tires during the race. Always makes it more interesting.

The 250 MotoGP race was really good. I was really impressed with Passini and the last lap he put in. I thought Simoncelli's move on Bautista was wrong. He probably will lose position for that. I will watch the WSB races again tonight on the internet so I can listen to Martin and Greene.

I just finished watching the WSB races at Miller and have some comments.

1.) Sheehan and Russel are terrible race commentators. Where were Jonathan Greene and Steve Martin.

2.) I thought Jamie Hacking ran a good first race but he took chances that endagered other riders. He ran his team mate off the track in the first race and caused another guy to high side in the second. I think he hurt his chances for a spot at WSB.

3.) Way to go Melissa

4.) Way to go Ben

I haven't seen the race yet, but I've read similar opinions on other sites. I've long thought that Hacking has a disregard for safety and a blame everyone else attitude. Guess that suspension wasn't enough.

The 250 MotoGP race was really good. I was really impressed with Passini and the last lap he put in. I thought Simoncelli's move on Bautista was wrong. He probably will lose position for that. I will watch the WSB races again tonight on the internet so I can listen to Martin and Greene.

Simoncelli got a $5,000 USD fine and a yellow card. I also thought they would at least swap places between him and Bautista, but it was just a stupid move, and hopefully he learned.

And don't even get me started on the American announcers. Even that British guy and the "uh, uh, uh" announcer they brought in. The WSBK regular announcer is my favorite.

Simoncelli got a $5,000 USD fine and a yellow card. I also thought they would at least swap places between him and Bautista, but it was just a stupid move, and hopefully he learned.

And don't even get me started on the American announcers. Even that British guy and the "uh, uh, uh" announcer they brought in. The WSBK regular announcer is my favorite.

I don't mean to say anything personal about these guys. I have much respect for Scott Russel and what he has accomplished I also think that Sheehan is a good announcer but not for motorcycle racing. He has no clue. They, SpeedTV, could at least get someone that knows the riders, understands motorcycle racing and can feed the expert questions that make the racing informative and fun. I would be willing to bet that Sheehan hasn't even watched a WSB race this year.

I just watched the Supersport race, and just can't think of a single thing to say that could be construed as anything but severely insulting to the announcers. It should be used in schools to teach how bad racing is called. I think they were doing something else while trying to call the race at the same time.

You would think that Sheehan would actually watch previous WSBK races so perhaps he would have a clue to know how to pronounce most of the names of the top riders. I lost count with how many different pronunciations he had of "Sofuoglu" and I don't think any of them were correct. I was dumbfounded at how annoyed I felt listening to the commentary from both Sheehan and Russell. Then listening to that in stark contrast to this weeks 250 MotoGP race with all the excitement in the last lap, and there is no comparison.

Nothing against Russell's achievements, but a commentator he does not make. Some people can either carry an environment with their voice and others simply can't. I almost miss Freddy Spencer, even with his overly opinionated approach to critiquing technique and preaching trail braking, we was much more interesting to listen to and I felt there there was much to be learned from his perspective.

THE GOOD NEWS HOWEVER: They are losing the format of AMA Pro Primetime and going back to showing the AMA races in the same format that they did last year, oddly enough the same way we see the rest of the races. No more trying to keep my head in the dirt for weeks to watch a race without knowing the outcome.

Best regards,

-scott

• 2 weeks later...
You would think that Sheehan would actually watch previous WSBK races so perhaps he would have a clue to know how to pronounce most of the names of the top riders. I lost count with how many different pronunciations he had of "Sofuoglu" and I don't think any of them were correct. I was dumbfounded at how annoyed I felt listening to the commentary from both Sheehan and Russell. Then listening to that in stark contrast to this weeks 250 MotoGP race with all the excitement in the last lap, and there is no comparison.

Nothing against Russell's achievements, but a commentator he does not make. Some people can either carry an environment with their voice and others simply can't. I almost miss Freddy Spencer, even with his overly opinionated approach to critiquing technique and preaching trail braking, we was much more interesting to listen to and I felt there there was much to be learned from his perspective.

THE GOOD NEWS HOWEVER: They are losing the format of AMA Pro Primetime and going back to showing the AMA races in the same format that they did last year, oddly enough the same way we see the rest of the races. No more trying to keep my head in the dirt for weeks to watch a race without knowing the outcome.

Best regards,

-scott

I just watched the 1000cc race at Road America on "AMA Prime Time" Russel and a new announcer, Greg. They went on and on about how Michael Laverty finished second at Miller..except that it was Eugene Laverty who finished 2nd. Michael Laverty finished 17th. What the f...! Russel was there. He should know better.