Brake Set Up On The 2008 Zx6r

Last week at a Queensland Raceway trackday I noticed that at the end of each ride session my front brake lever on the 2008 ZX6R travelled further than it usually does. My bike is totally stock and people I've talked to have suggested replacing the brake pads with carbon brake pads.

What does the current CSS ZX6R have in the way of brake setup? Any suggestions for improving the consistency of the brake setup for the 2008 ZX6R? I've read forum posts from other sites that suggested using brake pads from Goldfren, SBS and EBC.

• 2 weeks later...

It was just my luck that I was at a scuba diving course last weekend along with an ex-CSS (UK & Australia) coach. :-)

Anyway, he suggested braided brake lines and for the track, to use carbon brake pads.

Next track day is in early July so I'll give an update on how it goes.

Last week at a Queensland Raceway trackday I noticed that at the end of each ride session my front brake lever on the 2008 ZX6R travelled further than it usually does. My bike is totally stock and people I've talked to have suggested replacing the brake pads with carbon brake pads.

What does the current CSS ZX6R have in the way of brake setup? Any suggestions for improving the consistency of the brake setup for the 2008 ZX6R? I've read forum posts from other sites that suggested using brake pads from Goldfren, SBS and EBC.

I had the same problem with my '07 Honda 600RR. Lines and and a variety of pads (Galfer, Vesrah) and fluids (Motul, ATE) made no difference. The fix was Castrol SRF fluid ($$$). Wet boiling temp is the key, and Castrol SRF is significantly higher than anything else. It's worth the money !

We are using the Galfer pads now, working well.

CF

IIRC carbon pads need to be HOT to work well. They stop worth ###### when cold. Same with ceramic.