New Brit In Arizona

Just thought I would introduce myself on the site.

I am in the British Army and am currently working near Tucson, Arizona until Dec. I have managed to take the plunge and have booked myself on the 2 Day CSS course in Vegas later in the month.

Currently ride an R6 Trackbike back in UK and have a 09 CBR600RR for the road. I have attended the Ron Haslam Race School which was excellent, but too short!

Relatively new to the track scene and greatly looking forward to some proper instruction with the experts.

Howdy. If you're in Tucson, and are going to ride, look into Firebird Raceway in Phoenix and Arroyo Seco in New Mexico. I know Firebird has bikes for rent if you don't have one here, but don't know about Arroyo. The dates are posted for Firebird on aztrackday.com. That's only if you get the chance. The two day is going to kick your butt. Have fun. No matter where you're at in your riding, it's going to help. The Vegas course is a great track.

I am in the British Army and am currently working near Tucson, Arizona until Dec. I have managed to take the plunge and have booked myself on the 2 Day CSS course in Vegas later in the month.

You'll enjoy the LV Motorspeedway, our weather here should be good not too cold and the heat will be all but gone...probably the 60's for high's. It was a great experience for me... Good luck, Douglas

Just thought I would introduce myself on the site.

Currently ride an R6 Trackbike back in UK and have a 09 CBR600RR for the road. I have attended the Ron Haslam Race School which was excellent, but too short!

Relatively new to the track scene and greatly looking forward to some proper instruction with the experts.

Hi AJHP,

The 2 posters that just responded to you, Jason and Douglas just finished the 2-day camp in Vegas this last weekend. I got a chance to ride with Doug, and huge change in his riding.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything, if you don't already know, the Twist of the Wrist books by Keith will help prep you for the course (Twist 2 also in DVD now).

Best,

Cobie

Thanks for the words of advice Cobie. I have just ordered both Twist of the Wrist books and have also read a UK Haynes published book written by Andy Ibbott so feel I will have plenty of theory in my head..............now just require the ability to put it into practice :unsure:

I hired a bike at the Firebird track on Sun and felt the few pointers I had already picked up from Andy'd book helped alot, so am really looking to hands on advice at Las Vegas.

Very much looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks for the words of advice Cobie. I have just ordered both Twist of the Wrist books and have also read a UK Haynes published book written by Andy Ibbott so feel I will have plenty of theory in my head..............now just require the ability to put it into practice :unsure:

I hired a bike at the Firebird track on Sun and felt the few pointers I had already picked up from Andy'd book helped alot, so am really looking to hands on advice at Las Vegas.

Very much looking forward to the weekend.

Excellent--for sure come and say hello to me when you get there in the morning.

CF