Finally Signed Up!

Well after being on the forums for about a year, I finally signed up for CSS Level 1 & 2 at Thunderbolt, NJ on May 10th & 11th 2010. I plan to use my own bike however (I've been riding for a little over a year) and think it will be more beneficial to get more comfortable on my bike (CBR 600RR).

I was able to convince a riding buddy of mine to go to the school as well. He wasn't against it, but just didn't know what it was about and what was taught. I think he just assumed it was a school of just trying to go as fast as possible. Luckily I was able to find the youtube videos of Andy Ibbott and he learned a thing or two from them (knee-to-knee, etc.) and quickly changed his mind. After seeing the youtube videos he was already planning to go, but when I told him about CSS now having the BMW S1000RR, it was the final straw (as he owns a K1200S). He pulled the trigger and signed up a week ago so I figured I would sign up as well to lock in my spot. I also plan to get my brother-in-law signed up as well. My sister is going to give it to him as a Christmas present.

I know we have our homework to do. We each have a copy of TOTW 1 & 2, Soft Science and the TOTW 2 DVD. I look forward to the class and what it has to offer from the reviews I've been reading. Look forward to seeing you guys out there.

Harry

Totally awesome man, congratulations! Sounds like you're gonna do it right too, homework and all... I remember during one of Keith's lectures he asked a question that had been covered in Twist2 and I said, "well I feel a little like I cheated, but it said in the book..." and he said something along the lines of, "Nope, that's not cheating!".

Lwarner: Yeah, I read my TOTW books every once and a while, I pick up something new all the time. It's not about trying to grasp it in one reading, that's what's good about it.

Jody: I've been to the New Hampshire Loudon track about a year ago. I did well in some parts, horrible in others. From the course materials in Levels 1 & 2, I know there are specific things that I'm going to be able to pick up to help me. Quick Flick is big on my list to learn and two-step I heard will go a long way. My sister just signed up my brother-in-law, but him and my buddy have never been to a track.

Greg: The K-1200S from what my buddy has told me and what I've seen is sweet. ABS, Traction control, etc. etc. He's offered me to take it for a spin, but I don't feel comfortable yet. He said if I could ride my bike, his is much easier, a lot of the guess work is taken out.

If you can take the time to work on the quick turn and the 2 step (they go hand in hand), you'll be better served. You will see more improvement with this than anything else you'll learn at the school. You'll have a better understanding of it, and taking that time to improve on it with an instructor behind you will be priceless. And they had my Kawi at the school so I didn't have the same problem, but know what you're talking about. Have fun.

Harry,

You have a good library of material there, plenty to set you up for the school. Any questions on that material, get up here and pop them out.

One thing that I think happens is guys view learning as "take it in, listen, watch." I think learning is a bit more active, so get up here and get into it!

Best,

Cobie