Hello From The Philippines

Hello there! I am happy & proud to join this forum, like most people here i enjoy riding especially at the track, in fact i mostly do track riding nowadays bcoz our roads suck.

I ride an 04 600RR with a few modifications done to improve suspension & brakes, no engine mods yet, maybe a PCIII in the near future just to pep up the midrange.

I hope to meet & make new friends in this forum, long i have searched for a forum dedicated to riding skills, i think i have found my new home.

Oh btw i bought a copy of TOTW2 many years ago but it's gone now as the guy who borrowed from me never returned it so i had my friend buy me a TOTW2 DVD & had it sent here. Awesome video! I can just watch it repeteadly & never get sick of it. 2 thumbs up to the master!

a few pics of myself on the track.

2_358015420l.jpg

2_618973210l.jpg

Hey Overrev,

welcome to our forum. Here you'll find lots of great information on what we teach at the school, lots of students, non students, and varying levels of experience and knowledge. You'll find people love lively debate and development, and talking about experiences and learnings is always welcomed.

Please feel free to chip in ony area you feel you can contribute, share your learnings, good and bad, and perhaps in return we'll be able to help you on your journey. Hell, you might even be convinced enough to visit our school in Australia someday?

Bullet

HI Overrev,

Welcome, and good to see pics of you on the track--what track was it?

Best,

Cobie

thanks Cobie. :)

it's our local tracks, there are only 2 tracks in our country where you can host a supersport race, Clark International Speedway inside former Clark AFB & Batangas Racing Circuit which is loacted 200kms way down south from where i am living.

CIS is much closer to my place so i go there as frequently as i can, sometimes even once a week, trackdays are cheap here, $35 for motorcycles at CIS for the whole day, you can go out as frequently as you want, best day to use the tracks is on weekdays so you can have the track mostly to yourself. on weekends there are lots of guys using it including cars & go karts which eats into your share of track time.

for now the short track is operational, it's 1.9kms long & it's quite a bit technical, just 5laps in race pace can sap a lot out of you, once the long track gets finished it'll have the longest straight which is 1km & you're exiting the final corner which is a sweeper at 100mph so yuo'll be flat out in 6th gear before you hit half of the straight. fun! :D

Howdy. Good to have you. Great opportunities to learn on this site. I'm usually more active on the site, but have been battling pneumonia and Valley Fever for two and a half weeks now. I'll be around more soon, hopefully.

Hi Overrev,

Good use of an older base!

When is the new/longer version of the track supposed to be done?

Also, is there much racing there?

Best,

Cobie

Howdy. Good to have you. Great opportunities to learn on this site. I'm usually more active on the site, but have been battling pneumonia and Valley Fever for two and a half weeks now. I'll be around more soon, hopefully.

hey man i hope you get well soon, must be freezing out there right now which aggravates your sickness more.

Hi Overrev,

Good use of an older base!

When is the new/longer version of the track supposed to be done?

Also, is there much racing there?

Best,

Cobie

it should be done by mid next year if they put their backs into it, the paddock areas aren't even up yet but their cementing the area as we speak. we will be doing another trackday there this sunday, i'll try to take some pics of the track including the unfinished parts.

yup there is still some 600-1000 racing here but it's kind of a joke since the rules are kind of blurry, 600's 750's 1000's & 1200's can only race in the "superbike class" & there are no restrictions to modifications, heck even a Desmosedici RR is racing in the superbike class here & some of the really rich racers buy former AMA SS spec R6's there & ship it here.

the superbike class is on the decline & the grid is a joke thanks to the current rules, i am hoping that a 600cc superstock class emerges this season so the racers who have unlimited funding doesn't have the upper hand, i am also for having a control tire, maybe a street/track tire like the Michelin Power Pure, Dunlop Q2 or Bridgestone BT003RS bcoz not all of us could afford D211GP, Power Ones, BT003, Supercorsa DOT race tires. also no TC, quickshifters as well, let the rider skill determine the rider skills determine the winner, not just racers with deep pockets.

if this happens i'll be the first one in line to participate in this class.