Hello From Dubai :)

Hey every1, this is Sabah from Dubai. Only started riding last year August, my 1st bike was a 250cc 08 ninja, she was awesome, easy and fun! Recently sold her :( and got myself a CBR 600RR 09, and what can i say...im in love!!!

I now only ride on the track, if any1 visited Dubai before they'd know why! Ive just attented CSS level 3 clinic here at the Dubai Autodrome RaceTrack, and its made a huge difference! I'll let the pictures do the talking... :lol:

I've gone from this...

ninja.bmp

post-16194-1261901521_thumb.jpg

To this...

post-16194-1261899617_thumb.jpg

post-16194-1261899636_thumb.jpg

post-16194-1261899665_thumb.jpg

We are fortunate to have them come down to Dubai and teach us how its done! Cant wait to attend the next level in march I hope. Well thanks for reading and i hope everyone is making alot of progress with their riding...Happy Biking :)

Hey Stuman, thanks for the reply :) Its not so much the heat but the humidity that gets us riders, you must have come down in feb or march, thats still pretty decent! Riding in the summer here is a killer!!! But that doesnt seem to stop many riders, including myself ;)

Hope to see you here the next you make it, hasnt changed much since then...

Hi Sabah,

Yes, welcome to the forum. Most of us haven't been to Dubai, want to fill us in on what it's like riding there?

Best,

Cobie

Thanks Cobie :rolleyes: Sure but its going to be a looong post!

I'll start with the good bits 1st. The best time to ride in the U.A.E seems to be between oct to april ish! The weather is just awesome. We have rides heading into the moutains and desert of Hatta and Kalba twisties, alot of riders also head towards Oman where they pass Musandam the best twisties here, truly amazing! Then you have the Autodrome track where they hold a minimum of 2 tracks days a month, 3 if we'r lucky :) thats where CSS run their clinic on the club circuit, its perfect to train on cause its a smaller part of the circuit. Autodrome also has the GP, International and National circuit which provided us with a good variety of circuits to practise and learn on.

Riding in the city is fun if your carefull and smart about it! There are different styles of riding here like everywhere else i suppose...

The Hogs group with all tha harley boys.

Black Eagels aslo harley riders but abit more to the rough side!

BMW group, mostly touring bikes.

Racers and track riders who prefer to ride just on the track.

Fogs (fast old gits or fat old gits not sure :P ) they are the fastest guys on the twisties

Your groups of weekend riders, who ride both on track and twisties.

And lastly you have your good old show off's in jumeirah (popular place in dubai along the beach) We call them the Diyafa or Jumeirah boys, who ride wheelies up and down the beach road along with the hyabusa riders who love to light up their bikes like christmas trees with under body neon lights (L.E.D's) and make alot of noise!!

There are huge number of riders here who are just into stunt riding and cant be bothered with the track!

Hmmm the bad bits....lets start with the weather again (huge factor that affects riding in the Middle East) for majority of the time its terribly hot and humid!!! During the summer 40 degree celcius is the average temp with almost 100 % humity levels, which means ur soked in your leathers and have thick fogs to pass through with no visibitly what so ever. It easily reaches 47 to 50 degress, so we have to start our rides at 430 AM! to be back by 8 ish in the morning! Its not too bad when your on the move but hits you when you stop!!!

As if thats not bad enough you have the crazy drivers out here to kill any1 on a bike or car for that matter! Riders here have to be 10 steps ahead of their game.

For example when you approach a round about expect every1 from your right to go left and every1 from your left to pass right! Or stop in the middle of the road deciding! (I'm not kidding) I knew this yet somehow i was carried across on my little 250 ninja by a pick up truck from my left of the roundabout into the exit on my right!!! If they decide to turn in a direction they want to or have missed there is no stoping.

Once your safe from vehicles you have to look out for sand, diesel and oil and bursted tyres rubber from many badly maintained trucks on the road. In addition to that on our rides to Hatta and Kalba we have to watch out for CAMELS (lots and lots of camels), goats, and donkeys crossing. Cant tell u how many accidents there have been this year where riders have collided with animals.

Oh yea and girls if you dont have a dubai visa you arnt allowed a bike license <_<

But besides all that its all worth it in the end and im not going to bore you with anymore details, hope that gives you some insight on what riding in Dubai is all about. (gosh this was a really long post :unsure: )

Well if any1 intends to head this way after all that :huh: get on the Dubai petrol head forum, you'll find everything related to motorcyles in dubai here http://www.dubaipetrolheads.com/index.php

Sabah,

Excellent post, suspected some of that, but didn't really know many specifics.

I understand that there are many that are working in Dubai, do they make up the majority of the riders, or is it locals?

You mentioned a visa for girls, does that mean local girls can't get a license?

Best,

CF

Sabah,

Excellent post, suspected some of that, but didn't really know many specifics.

I understand that there are many that are working in Dubai, do they make up the majority of the riders, or is it locals?

You mentioned a visa for girls, does that mean local girls can't get a license?

Best,

CF

I would think majority of the riders here are expats, However there are a good number of local's and arab's from other countries who really enjoy riding in dubai.

Yes, thats right the local girls are not allowed a motorbike license :blink: only expat women holding a dubai visa are allowed a bike license, really sucks :( I waited almost 7 yrs before i got my license...