Demoed The S1000rr

Just demoed the S1000RR, bike is just amazing, went back next day and ordered one.

I am SO looking forward to Willow at the end of March. 2 days on S1 at a track are worth the price alone.

Hey Two,

Where did you demo it?

CF

Hi Cobie,

I demoed it at my local dealer, BMW Motorcycle of North County in Escondido, where I got my K1300GT just a couple months back (after not having a bike for about 15 years.) As I said above, went back 2 days later, and put my deposit down to order one. Now I am explaining to my wife why I need two new bikes just a few months apart, a bit of a tough sell, but I think 15 years of pent-up motorcycle passion is gushing forth. I found myself spending more time on Palomar than I would have thought on my GT, but you gotta ride the GT like it was meant to be ridden (meaning pretty much on top of it versus on the side of it.) The GT is a great bike, but no getting around its 650lb+ bulk, despite its monster motor. The first turn I took on the S1RR it felt SOO good to just lock in and drop it into the turn, but then I don't have to tell you, as you guys now have a fleet of them :)

I am counting the days until the end of March, and it will be great to get direct coaching experience on the same bike I will own, especially since it will be my first time on the track. I am looking forward to practicing the drills and having a nice controlled environment to practice within.

- Tom

Tom,

I think you are a better salesman than I am! Well, I haven't gone that long with out getting some toys, so 15 years is a long time to wait--have kids?

Back on topic - you are going to get spoiled at the track in a big hurry. Palomar/Crest/Rock Store is fun, but the track is a whole different animal :).

Let me know how you like the guys at Escondido, like to know about the local dealers.

Come say hello when you get to the track.

Best,

CF

Cobie,

Yeah, we have two little boys 2.5 and 4.5 years old. So a couple more years before I get them some bikes :)

I have a feeling once I get to the track, Palomar will seem like a lot less fun. In fact, it is only mildly fun now, trying to ride at 60%-70% and leaving enough attention left over for sand, other vehicles, etc.. just becomes stressful. The chance to focus 100% of my attention on my riding in a controlled environment is something I look forward to. If it is half as fun as I anticipate I am going to have to figure out how to make it a "family outing" to head up to Rosamond for the day :)

The guys at BMW North County are great, super low key, great atmosphere. Mike the owner is there all the time, and they have a small tight staff. I believe one of their guys is one of the faster club racers at Willow, but his name escapes me at the moment.

I will definitely stop by and say hello.

- Tom

Cobie,

Yeah, we have two little boys 2.5 and 4.5 years old. So a couple more years before I get them some bikes :)

I have a feeling once I get to the track, Palomar will seem like a lot less fun. In fact, it is only mildly fun now, trying to ride at 60%-70% and leaving enough attention left over for sand, other vehicles, etc.. just becomes stressful. The chance to focus 100% of my attention on my riding in a controlled environment is something I look forward to. If it is half as fun as I anticipate I am going to have to figure out how to make it a "family outing" to head up to Rosamond for the day :)

The guys at BMW North County are great, super low key, great atmosphere. Mike the owner is there all the time, and they have a small tight staff. I believe one of their guys is one of the faster club racers at Willow, but his name escapes me at the moment.

I will definitely stop by and say hello.

- Tom

Excellent Tom, look forward to meeting you. I have 2, 9 (girl) 14, (boy). She is more interested in riding than he is!

CF

Cobie,

I was curious, are the S1KRR's the school is using equiped with the ABS and DTC?

Will we be directed to use specific fuel map modes in our drills (god forbid we have to stay in Rain mode the whole day..) Or will that be up to us, or based on individual riders?

I took another spin on one yesterday, and the bike is freakishly fast, at least for someone not accustomed to race bikes - perhaps other race-prepped literbikes are just as fast, I don't know.

- Tom

Cobie,

I was curious, are the S1KRR's the school is using equiped with the ABS and DTC?

Will we be directed to use specific fuel map modes in our drills (god forbid we have to stay in Rain mode the whole day..) Or will that be up to us, or based on individual riders?

I took another spin on one yesterday, and the bike is freakishly fast, at least for someone not accustomed to race bikes - perhaps other race-prepped literbikes are just as fast, I don't know.

- Tom

Tom,

All the bikes are fully loaded, so yes on both (ABS/DTC). I think you might get a suggestion on which mode to start with, but will have some leeway. Stay in communication with your coach for specifics, he might have a specific suggestion based on what he sees.

CF