New Guy From St. Louis

Greetings all. 49 year-old who started on cruisers and migrated (evolved?) into sport bikes over the years. I presently ride a 2007 BMW K1200S and 2001 Suzuki GSX-R750 the latter being primarily a track bike. I have participated in many track days but find myself stuck firmly in "B" or "N" group and progress has stunted. Thought I could never do a CSS but some some unexpected discretionary funds came available and I signed up for a two-day camp at Barber in early June. I am really looking forward to this. I have Twist book I and II and recently ordered the DVD. Look forward to riding the S1000 too! :D

Gday Steveg,

Welcome to the forum, tonnes of information and knowledge bouncing around in here. Biggest thing about having all this info is sometimes it overloads your brain :lol: I would suggest to learn one thing at a time......throttle control may be a good place to start. Dont read the books too quick take your time, unlike me who then got everything mixed up!!

Enjoy your 2 days mate wish we had that opportunity in australia

Howdy. You're not going to be stuck after this school. You're going to get plenty to work on that will help you improve. I went through the same thing. Read those books, participate on this forum, ask questions, and watch the video a few times. You'll start picking things up and improve from there, but nothing like going through the school.