Off Camber Uphill Blind Left Hander ..help!

Hey Guys,

I have recently found that off camber uphill left handers similar in shape to a hairpin, are a bit of a problem, corners like Lukey heights at Phillip Island

or crash corner ( last corner only left hand corner on track) at Broadford, small track in Victoria Australia,

I am finding that it fires up SRs, being that I cant see where Im going. The bike feels 'light' as I am cresting the top of the turn and it causes me to roll of the throttle and run even wider, opposite to what I want. I know I should come out wider and basically hook turn back towards the vanishing point but even when I do that I cant get used to the bike feeling so 'light' when cresting. Is there any idea or drill I can practice to sort out this problem or should I just harden up a bit :lol: . Could this be a suspension problem?

Cheers

Dylan

Huh, I thought crash corener was that right at the end of the straight on the of the hill at Broadford? Anyway could be a suspension issue (not enough rebound damping) but I think it is just the way it is in those corners. If the bike is cresting a hill it is going to get a little light. We have a simular situation in turn 6 on the Big Track at Willow Springs.

A couple things that might help. #1 good referance points are key, you have to be confedent your on-line even though you can't see where you are going. #2 Sometimes picking the bike up a bit as you go over the crest can help as well.

Hmm only my 2nd time at that track, you could be right, if it isnt it should be crash corner!!! the 2 times i've been there its claimed about 5 riders.

Ive had a look a some footage of soft rear suspension and wear on tyres and I think my rebound may be a problem. Like you said good RPs and trust my line and I'll definately try pick up drill this saturday and update my track drawings with some more RPs .

Thanks Stuman

Dylan