Blipping A Twin.

Is there a difference? I've been trying to get blipping my wife's EX-650 down, because I've been commuting on it, but it's nothing like doing it on my ZX6R. Do I need to crack it harder, or maintain lower RPM's when downshifting? It's been a booger trying to get it right.

Hi mate,

The only difference I notice is that twins rev a little slower, so usually when I move from say a school bike or my 600 racer to my RSV racer, is that it takes a bigger (longer) handful to get it to blip, is only a little different, but there is a slight difference. You need to be more mindful that it's much easier to lock up a twin than a four, certainly big twins, so blipping or having a slipper clutch is ever more crucial. You won't have that issue I doubt on your wifes bike, but you get the concept.

Bullet

Hi mate,

The only difference I notice is that twins rev a little slower, so usually when I move from say a school bike or my 600 racer to my RSV racer, is that it takes a bigger (longer) handful to get it to blip, is only a little different, but there is a slight difference. You need to be more mindful that it's much easier to lock up a twin than a four, certainly big twins, so blipping or having a slipper clutch is ever more crucial. You won't have that issue I doubt on your wifes bike, but you get the concept.

Bullet

Flywheel size/weight is a factor--twins have larger flywheels per Will, and they will blip a little slower.

CF

I'll remember that when I go out, Bullet. Thanks a lot. I've been working on it, and thought it might be because of the wide range of power they have, but your explanation makes more sense. When I think about it, mine makes no sense at all.