Level Ii Prerequisets?

Hey Guys,

Got level I done, learnt a lot and thoughorly enjoyed it. I already have level II booked for 17th May @ Silverstone.

Whilst I learnt a lot, i was not happy with "my" performance... I thought i was hitting 60-70% sucess in the drills. With that i mean... 30% of the time, I got my entry speed too high and went wide, or didnt turn as quick as i should in the quick turn drills, etc

I still have 3 weeks to practice on the road, but wondered if it was expected to have this up to 80-90% before starting level II ?

Am i being too critical? I know these things take time, practice and effort, just wondered if I am being a bit slow?

Thanks

Paul

PS On level I in the later drills we had breaks and gears, but I found it really helpfull to stick with the earlier drill rules and use only one gear / no breaks... (all though i did feel a bit slow down the straights), is that ok ?

Hey Guys,

Got level I done, learnt a lot and thoughorly enjoyed it. I already have level II booked for 17th May @ Silverstone.

Whilst I learnt a lot, i was not happy with "my" performance... I thought i was hitting 60-70% sucess in the drills. With that i mean... 30% of the time, I got my entry speed too high and went wide, or didnt turn as quick as i should in the quick turn drills, etc

I still have 3 weeks to practice on the road, but wondered if it was expected to have this up to 80-90% before starting level II ?

Am i being too critical? I know these things take time, practice and effort, just wondered if I am being a bit slow?

Thanks

Paul

PS On level I in the later drills we had breaks and gears, but I found it really helpfull to stick with the earlier drill rules and use only one gear / no breaks... (all though i did feel a bit slow down the straights), is that ok ?

Yeap, you're being too critical. The application of the drills is more important than speed, as you only have a certain amount of attention. You don't need to have the inital drills upto 80-90%, we're going to work on those, though, 2 step drill does indeed get built upon, so keep on working on this, as it's very, very key. level 2 is all mainly visuals with a physical drill thrown in for good measure.

Oh, and going back to one gear no brakes is a very good idea if you cannot give the drills the right attention, we often do this with students who is getting carried away a little a looking a little unruly.

Hope that helps

Bullet

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Paul

DJM,

Sticking with one gear and no brakes is something a lot of students do, and get very, very good results with, no problem there.

If everyone mastered all the skills in the first day, we wouldn't really have many repeat students :). Actually, level 2 skills often really help get more consistent with the Level 1 skills, so I'd day go on to the next level.

Best,

CF