Body Position

dmj120

I remember my level 1 coach, Josh, saying that level 2 has goes into some positioning stuff - but the next CSS class ain't till JUNE :( (close enough, that is).

So here's the thing, I just did a weekend at Pahrump with trackXperience; only time there and its already in my top 3 favorite tracks (only been to 3 tracks lol) aside from going faster and hitting the turn-in points every time whilst following a control rider - is there anything that can help with getting in the "right" position consistently?

The times my lower body had a nice solid hold on the bike, I was smooth and fast (for me) in the longer sweeping turns. Still working on loosening up in the slow turns; working being the operative word.

Josh

I remember my level 1 coach, Josh, saying that level 2 has goes into some positioning stuff - but the next CSS class ain't till JUNE :( (close enough, that is).

So here's the thing, I just did a weekend at Pahrump with trackXperience; only time there and its already in my top 3 favorite tracks (only been to 3 tracks lol) aside from going faster and hitting the turn-in points every time whilst following a control rider - is there anything that can help with getting in the "right" position consistently?

The times my lower body had a nice solid hold on the bike, I was smooth and fast (for me) in the longer sweeping turns. Still working on loosening up in the slow turns; working being the operative word.

Josh

Hi Josh,

Getting all the pieces of body positioning: that's the primary purpose of the Lean Bike. You should have gotten the Steering Drill in Level 1, and gone over going with the bike, which is one big part. That is a key piece, if you hang off (or not). Another key piece is making sure you don't strangle the bars.

As for all the rest, and how to be consistent, the best answer is going to be on the Lean Bike. This is really more of a show you kind of thing, than a tell you.

I know, I'm mean and selfish, but I also don't like incomplete answers.

Best,.

CF

Hi Josh,

Getting all the pieces of body positioning: that's the primary purpose of the Lean Bike. You should have gotten the Steering Drill in Level 1, and gone over going with the bike, which is one big part. That is a key piece, if you hang off (or not). Another key piece is making sure you don't strangle the bars.

As for all the rest, and how to be consistent, the best answer is going to be on the Lean Bike. This is really more of a show you kind of thing, than a tell you.

I know, I'm mean and selfish, but I also don't like incomplete answers.

Best,.

CF

THanks Cobie. I still practice the steering drill (up and down my street), as well as less ass more meat off. Ithink I might try putting it on the stand to find a comfy spot and try to remember where/how my leg/pelvis is (opening hips does make a world of difference) and practice some more at Streets - going May 17th :rolleyes:

I just wish June wasn't so damn far away :( ima jones'in fo level 2. the more solid riding is feeling, the more im becoming a track junkie. I remember reading threads of people talking about "when's the next day" the very night they got home from the track; I now understand :ph34r:

THanks Cobie. I still practice the steering drill (up and down my street), as well as less ass more meat off. Ithink I might try putting it on the stand to find a comfy spot and try to remember where/how my leg/pelvis is (opening hips does make a world of difference) and practice some more at Streets - going May 17th :rolleyes:

I just wish June wasn't so damn far away :( ima jones'in fo level 2. the more solid riding is feeling, the more im becoming a track junkie. I remember reading threads of people talking about "when's the next day" the very night they got home from the track; I now understand :ph34r:

I know what you mean! We're all a bunch of hopeless addicts it seems. If we aren't doing it, were reading/writing/talking about it :).

Mostly unrelated, but since we are talking about motorcyclists, here's a fact for you guys:

In the 31 years of doing schools, we aren't aware of anything be taken from our trucks at a school. Nice commentary on riders as a group, isn't it?

CF

In the 31 years of doing schools, we aren't aware of anything be taken from our trucks at a school. Nice commentary on riders as a group, isn't it?

So driving away on one of the BMW's after a day is probably not going to be taken too well? :unsure:

Awe, shucks! :lol:

CF

So you didn't notice that extra sandwich missing, eh?

So driving away on one of the BMW's after a day is probably not going to be taken too well? :unsure:

Awe, shucks! :lol:

bah, bet we could do it.... you gotta beee bewy bewy quiet. Plus, Kieth did say these are the best bikes to learn on, and learning is a life-long commitment ---- I think he'd want us to contnue to learn on the such gooood bikes :blink:

Seriously though, that's how it should be. I can't remember the youTube vid about wsmc racing, but the comrodery, family atmosphere and the fact everyone is willinjg to help you out - well, anything these would necessitate a burn out on the theiving bastards sac.