Acceptable Textile Gear?

Hi,

I have a question about acceptable gear for a level one class. When I signed up I spoke to Whitney at the CSS office and she thought that my Firstgear Rainier jacket (D3O armor) and Firstgear Escape pants (Knox armor) would be acceptable as they do zipper together. However they don’t zip up all the way around like two piece leathers, just about 12 inches along the back.

Both pieces are less than a year old and in perfect shape however can anyone tell me if they will be acceptable? I am scheduled for the class at VIR next Tuesday (5/18) and I don’t want to have any unnecessary issues.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ride safe,

Carey

post-16961-127366573164_thumb.jpg

post-16961-127366574235_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a question about acceptable gear for a level one class. When I signed up I spoke to Whitney at the CSS office and she thought that my Firstgear Rainier jacket (D3O armor) and Firstgear Escape pants (Knox armor) would be acceptable as they do zipper together. However they don't zip up all the way around like two piece leathers, just about 12 inches along the back.

Both pieces are less than a year old and in perfect shape however can anyone tell me if they will be acceptable? I am scheduled for the class at VIR next Tuesday (5/18) and I don't want to have any unnecessary issues.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ride safe,

Carey

Hi carey,

Thanks very much for your post.

I'm really not sure if you can use Textile wear, as in the UK we do insist on zip together leathers. Now, for students in the UK, we offer the opportunity to hire leathers, and perhaps this is something that's also possible in the US? I'd suggest you ring the office, and ask this specific question my friend, as it'll just remove the ambiguity of it for you, give the solid answer that you need.

Please do let everyone know though.

Bullet

Hi Bullet,

I spoke with the office in LA and they said some textile gear is allowed but they would have to make the call by looking at it. She did say not to worry as I can rent leathers that day if they don’t want to allow my gear.

Thanks for the assistance.

Carey

Well I complete the level I class yesterday and I can report back that my textile gear was indeed acceptable. The criteria stated was that it needed to be designed as motorcycle safety gear and had to at zip together (the short connection zipper was enough).

I’ll also say that I felt the class was outstanding. Well designed, well executed, and a lot of fun. That was the best money I have spent on my riding. Ever. I will be a return customer.

Ride safe,

Carey

Well I complete the level I class yesterday and I can report back that my textile gear was indeed acceptable. The criteria stated was that it needed to be designed as motorcycle safety gear and had to at zip together (the short connection zipper was enough).

I'll also say that I felt the class was outstanding. Well designed, well executed, and a lot of fun. That was the best money I have spent on my riding. Ever. I will be a return customer.

Ride safe,

Carey

Hi Carey,

Nice to hear you had heaps of fun on Level One!! Now prepare yourself for even more fun on Level Two. One of the coolest things about riding a bike, well its not really I'm just trying to sound cool!! Is that you get to wear a full leather one piece jumpsuit without anyone the piss out of you!!laugh.gif

Seriously though I found that when I changed from textile to leather my confidence factor in having a prang and surviving increased. Personal preference though.

I can't wait to take Level Two, in fact I am hoping to do the two day and get in Level Three as well. And after experiencing the track I plan on adding a quality set of leathers very soon. Although I'm hard to fit so I expect it will take a bit of trial and error. Sadly no one here in Richmond stocks any suits so I either have to order them and go through the exchange process or make a road trip to a bigger market. Either way I agree it's the right thing to do.

And like you said why miss out on the cool stuff?!?