Hi From Formosa

Hi everyone

Im John , been sccotering for 2.5 years, learned alot from the books and DVD . 

Now eyeing a proper bike with gears instead of CVT. Also eyeing the Brammo empulse or similar spec bikes once I get 10K in my bank.

Pleasure to be in this forum , I like the atmosphere here.

Hello Ace,

Welcome to the group. If you like to ride and want to learn more from a great group of people, you're in the right place.

What kind of scooter did you/do you ride? I ride a Burgman 650 and find most everything about riding a regular motorcycle applies Except--you can't lock in with you knees--I have to lock in my lower body by using my legs to push my seat against the seat back. I also wonder about the Brammo Empulse electric bike. You have chosen two interesting alternatives to a regular motorcycle. Is there a story there? I don't mean to pry--just wondering.

Hello Ace,

Welcome to the group. If you like to ride and want to learn more from a great group of people, you're in the right place.

What kind of scooter did you/do you ride? I ride a Burgman 650 and find most everything about riding a regular motorcycle applies Except--you can't lock in with you knees--I have to lock in my lower body by using my legs to push my seat against the seat back. I also wonder about the Brammo Empulse electric bike. You have chosen two interesting alternatives to a regular motorcycle. Is there a story there? I don't mean to pry--just wondering.

A NCX125C Cygnus X old model, 124.9 CC carb model.

Daily ride, commuter and weekend recreational bike.

The brammo offers top torque from 0 rpm all the way up, and as it doesnt seem to have gears, one less thing to adjust to.

Eyeing a CB400 just to practice changing gears and the no clutch technique, I like the sound of the CB400's inline 4's too.

Quite comfy too for my size.

Burgman's are famous in Taiwan too, being the only red plated scooter allowed on highway bridges .