Howdy From Phoenix

Howdy all , I am signed up for Streets of Willow this coming 23rd and 24th ! Can't wait but guess I got to! Now all I have to figure out is what to tell work so I can get off early the friday before.

Howdy all , I am signed up for Streets of Willow this coming 23rd and 24th ! Can't wait but guess I got to! Now all I have to figure out is what to tell work so I can get off early the friday before.

Congratulation JazMan.

You are goin to have fun with the CSS group. Bunch of nice people that are going to make your track day enjoyable. As far as what to do to get out of work early. I usually start getting sick two days before I get a sick day. But that is me. Good luck in getting out early and enjoy the ride.

The razor.

Congratulation JazMan.

You are goin to have fun with the CSS group. Bunch of nice people that are going to make your track day enjoyable. As far as what to do to get out of work early. I usually start getting sick two days before I get a sick day. But that is me. Good luck in getting out early and enjoy the ride.

The razor.

LOL , I have already started setting the ground work for my "FLU DAY" friday ! Got to be honest I am both excited and nervous about the school , always hate the thought of looking like a noob , even after riding for over 40 years spent too many of those on a HD with the only requisite was looking cool. Finally graduated to sport bikes 3 years ago but it is hard for a old ( 55 ) , gray, over weight ( have lost 80 lbs. ) road warrior to learn new tricks !!! But I keep trying , which at least to me keeps me young . The thing is even thro I ride alot of miles , I don't think of myself as a very good rider.

LOL , I have already started setting the ground work for my "FLU DAY" friday ! Got to be honest I am both excited and nervous about the school , always hate the thought of looking like a noob , even after riding for over 40 years spent too many of those on a HD with the only requisite was looking cool. Finally graduated to sport bikes 3 years ago but it is hard for a old ( 55 ) , gray, over weight ( have lost 80 lbs. ) road warrior to learn new tricks !!! But I keep trying , which at least to me keeps me young . The thing is even thro I ride alot of miles , I don't think of myself as a very good rider.

JazMan;

A couple of comments if I may;

1. Don't worry about looking like a noob; it's not part of their cirriculum. The School is not an ego showcase plus everyone is too busy working on their own drills to even notice. BTW, you'll also be too busy yourself to even think about how you look so drop this from your list of concerns OK?
  2. 55 ain't old especially in this game - DAMHIK! Older riders may not make it onto the AMA grid but there are Forum Members who are close to you in age who are doing incredibly well in their regional races. Fossil Fuel - you still out there?
  3. If you don't think of yourself as a good rider my bet is that will change and soon. If you rode Harleys for 40 years before hopping on a sportbike three years ago then you saw how light years apart they are from a performance perspective. The first time I rode one it seemed like an alien space craft but I also saw that they require much more precision to work correctly. You will understand that half way through Level I. You actually have to learn how to ride one and those who self teach themselves usually have to go way back before they can advance.

Many of the Forum are students, former students, perspective students or just friends. Let us all know how it goes so we can continue to build on the body of knowledge that resides here. We have active membership from all around the world and it will also give you a place where you can continue your learning.

Good luck.

Rainman

Howdy. I'm in Gilbert. A lot of us are going to be at Inde 23-24th. If you end up liking track riding, hit me up. This is like the last one of the year at Inde, but there is also Chuckwalla and, as you probably know, Firebird. There is a huge group of track riders here. I'm also on Devil-riders. A lot of them are on there, and most of them are younger. Good people though. Good to have you on here. Great site.

• 2 weeks later...

School was simply awesome !! On the first day ( level 1 ) before any sessions I was nervous and the butterfly's where dancing in my stomach !! After the first session the butterfly's where gone and all I could focus on was the drills and the sessions , by the end of the all I wanted was more . Day one I had the most excellent ride coach Cobie who provide outstanding guidance and feedback !! Saturday night was between the sheets early and Sunday morning was up and ready to go 5am , LOL , just could not wait to get back out there. My 2nd day was so much better than the first , properly rested and no butterfly's it was just all good. My 2nd day coach James was also excellent with his guidance . I am really looking forward to levels 3 and 4 during the 2011 season !!

Hi Jazman,

Glad you came and it went well.

Now about the 2nd day being better than the first, going to have to talk you about that--or maybe I'll just fire James.

:)

CF

Hi Jazman,

Glad you came and it went well.

Now about the 2nd day being better than the first, going to have to talk you about that--or maybe I'll just fire James.

:)

CF

LOL , Cobie it was not the coach or the lessons that made day 2 better , it was all me !! Day 1 I was nervous and was not able to get the proper amount of sleep !! After experiencing the great instructions , coaches and overall CSS all my nervousness went away , I had a good night of sleep , I was able to focus on the classes and what I was doing . I am so glad that I did the 2 days back to back and can not wait to return for more. Actually all of my riding buddies want to come too , so hopefully we will have a crowd from Phoenix the next time !!

Yeah, you Southwest guys should do it! (got a soft spot for the Southwest, from NM originally).

Something about riding at the track, gonna be nervous first times for sure. I remember starting races and being nervous as hell, then it would all settle down pretty quickly.

One of my coaches was joking the other day at the beginning of a school, asked if anyone wanted to go and barf in the toilet!

Best,

CF

That's how much of a junkie I am: I got to Vegas early Sunday and all I could think of was you guys down the street having the greatest time. I went with my wife, so I couldn't go and watch. Glad you had a good time.

That's how much of a junkie I am: I got to Vegas early Sunday and all I could think of was you guys down the street having the greatest time. I went with my wife, so I couldn't go and watch. Glad you had a good time.

Too bad, wish you had come and said hello!

CF