Does Tc Break Throttle Control Rule Number 1 ?

mckeann

if you're meant to roll on the throttle smoothly, evenly and consistently through out the remainder of the turn, what happens when TC cuts the power??

i take it you still have enough power going to the back wheel to provide acceleration, just not as much as before it cuts

its probably a stupid question, but its the offseason, so the perfect time for stupid questions :D

if you're meant to roll on the throttle smoothly, evenly and consistently through out the remainder of the turn, what happens when TC cuts the power??

i take it you still have enough power going to the back wheel to provide acceleration, just not as much as before it cuts

its probably a stupid question, but its the offseason, so the perfect time for stupid questions :D

Now why would the Traction Control (TC) cut the power to the rear wheel at all? - unless grossly mis-adjusted, the TC should only cut power in order to avoid the rear wheel from loosing (further) traction. So if the TC is cutting into the power, the rider has already fed too much power for the rear wheel to handle (at the particular lean angle). That would imply that you're not generating that roll-on that transfers about 10% of the weight back to the rear wheel, but much more.

Would that be proper throttle control? I'd say no.

Kai

Gday Neil, not a stupid question, it just happens to have a very simple answer: Traction Control attempts to mimic perfect throttle control.

As a reminder, the golden rule of Throttle Control is this: "Once the throttle is cracked open, it is rolled on evenly, smoothly and constantly throughout the remainder of the turn"

It's quite funny, as riders we want things to be complicated! After all, if it's simple, yet we don't understand it, then we would have to feel foolish to some extent. Most of motorcycles greatest technical revelations are really simple facts. :) Glad you asked buddy!

• 1 month later...

Jason said, "... if it's simple, yet we don't understand it, then we would have to feel foolish ..."

Oh, Jason! You can't just lay the truth out like that, man. What if I don't understand it? I would probably feel like an idjit. :P