Right Hand Turns

Y4C4

Hello again,

I've got this weird problem. When i'm trying to hang off the bike doing a right hand turn it just feels a bit ackward and strange compared with the left ones. Does anyone here have or had similar problem? How i can overcome it? Or maybe it's just in my head and i simply need to stop thinking about it?

Hello again,

I've got this weird problem. When i'm trying to hang off the bike doing a right hand turn it just feels a bit ackward and strange compared with the left ones. Does anyone here have or had similar problem? How i can overcome it? Or maybe it's just in my head and i simply need to stop thinking about it?

Judging by your avatar, you're hanging-off too far. :lol:

This is pretty common problem, but before I jump into this one, have you done any of the levels yet?

Best,

Put your bike on the stands or have someone help hold the bike up and practice. Lean left and get a feel of how your body is positioned and copy it on the right. Get in that position and hold it there. Study where you're at and commit it to "muscle memory." Before you go out next time before your sessions, do it again in gear. Practice and reinforcement is the best method for learning this.

Hello again,

I have a similar problem but with left handers mainly one particular corner, I'm finding that the faster I go the better and more comfortable Im feeling about it. Still have alot of work on my left handers to go...that reminds me I must get back to Phillip Island soon

I havent done any of the levels yet but definitely will do 1st one this year , just waiting for the winter to pass. It's a good idea with the stands , need to try that:) And i find it easier to do the turns at higher speed aswell but i think thats normal as the bike is more stable then. As always thanks for your advices:)

Hello again,

Not sure due to being a right-handed rider. I hang off easier to left as a right-hand person. However, when another student in bike school said not as smooth on right side lean. Keith suggested another way of twisting the throttle for us to try (in his words, like holding a screw driver)and it makes a big difference in leaning. Some how the way of holding the throttle can be different for each side.

Interesting to find out whether the left-handed rider will lean easier on the right side. Any left-handed rider to tell us?

Hello again,

Not sure due to being a right-handed rider. I hang off easier to left as a right-hand person. However, when another student in bike school said not as smooth on right side lean. Keith suggested another way of twisting the throttle for us to try (in his words, like holding a screw driver)and it makes a big difference in leaning. Some how the way of holding the throttle can be different for each side.

Interesting to find out whether the left-handed rider will lean easier on the right side. Any left-handed rider to tell us?

Disagree on that point Im right handed and find left handers harder than right.

I have the same problem, right handers feel a bit odd. I believe I'm in a different body position on lefts than rights, am still trying to figure out why, and how it feels to be in the right position, so I can get into it without the need for a big mirror a the end of each straight! The stand idea is a good one, and find an assistant, they'll probably point a few things out to you pretty quickly that you won't be able to figure out on your own.