Daytona 2011

How do you think your hero will do?

With Martin Cardenas moving to Superbike it will be interesting to see if he can duplicate his success and unseat Josh Hayes. Nothing against Josh but I like Martin, he is a quiet rider, lets his riding do the talking, so I hope he does well. That said, Josh Herrin and Danny Eslick were not quite so quiet last season and let their personal rivalry boil over so it will be interesting to see how that carries over into the new season.

In short, I plan to be parked in front of the tv popcorn in hand, to see how the drama unfolds.

And hopefully the racing will be as entertaining as last year as well. :D

Yeah, Eslick and Herrin provided good entertainment :).

Anyone been keeping track of the winter testing, who has done what?

CF

Yeah, Eslick and Herrin provided good entertainment :).

Anyone been keeping track of the winter testing, who has done what?

CF

I've only been casually looking at winter test results from some of the MotoGP testing. The Yamaha team of Lorenzo and Spies could be frightening if they ride like last year. Ducati seems to be a bit off the best times, even with Rossi and Hayden working hard, though they've had some good days too. I'm thinking Honda is going to be an even strong contender this year if their testing is any indication. And, I have to wonder if Stoner can pull off a championship win now that he's on what appears to me to be a better bike (at least based on the test results thus far).

I haven't seen any current news on the AMA stars. Based off last years action, I like what I've seen of Josh Hayes and Tommy Hayden. Both appear to be good natured professionals; nothing turns me off faster than trash talk from the young hot heads (in any sport). But since Hayes pulled off the championship win last year, I'm hoping to see Tommy come get one this year. I like the close finishes though, so as long as they all keep it tight then I'll enjoy the show.

Archived