New From San Antonio, Tx

Greetings from South Texas! Rode when I was a kid. Finally riding again for approximately 5 years. Have had my FJR almost 3 years now. Been trying to keep up with the Sport bikers around here. Read all the books. Crashed once. Still trying to make it to my 1st track day. Would really love to get some 1st class instruction from CSS. Awesome board here. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. How are you liking that FJR? I looked at those a few years ago when I sold my R6 but ended up with a K1200R.

There is a lot of good advice and some sound technical information to be had here (very little of it from me :P). I can say CSS is a great way to introduce yourself to the track. If you get the chance you wont regret it.

And don't be shy on the forum, the sharks don't bite…much.

Hi O8, and welcome.

That FJ looks like a nice bike, haven't tested one out but like it.

Start sticking a few bucks aside weekly, pretty soon you'll have enough to get to a school, at least that is how I fund most of my hobbies/passions (that and get family and friends to pitch in, rather than buy me useless ).

Best,

Cobie

Thanks for the welcome Carey and Cobie. Yeah, I like the FJR. It's the best bike I've ever had. But, when I got it I never thought I'd be runnin' with the Sport bike guys. The FJR is a Sport Tourer. And, a lot of bike. If I'd known I was going to get addicted to perfecting my quick skills, I might have chosen a different bike. Anyway, it truly is a great bike.

I'm going to do my damnedest to get to a 2-day school. My wife wants to go to Vegas so my plan is to make us both happy this summer or fall.

Thanks again guys. Take care. Type to 'ya later.

Greetings from South Texas! Rode when I was a kid. Finally riding again for approximately 5 years. Have had my FJR almost 3 years now. Been trying to keep up with the Sport bikers around here. Read all the books. Crashed once. Still trying to make it to my 1st track day. Would really love to get some 1st class instruction from CSS. Awesome board here. Thanks.

Hey 08;

How long did you ride that Commando and do you still own it?

Rainman

...The FJR is a Sport Tourer. And, a lot of bike. If I'd known I was going to get addicted to perfecting my quick skills, I might have chosen a different bike...

I know what you mean. There are a lot of days I miss the R6 but it didn't fit my street riding. Now I think the answer is a track bike in addition to the sport tourer. That would be the most appropriate way to solve this problem right guys?

Of course, I just have to convince my bank account. I believe you mentioned a wife, and that might be another issue all together. Go with the plan that keeps her happy first. I understand there in lies the path to wedded bliss. :D

Best,

Carey

• 3 weeks later...

I am really glad to meet someone from Texas. :) I am also new here. My name is Kathleen.

how to get rid of blemishes

garlic breath tips

plr

private label rights

how to cure diarrhea

back ache

how to get rid of bronchitis

do it yourself carpet cleaning

Archived