Can We Use Aerostitch Riding Suite For Css?

I'd like to attend a CSS at VIR soon. I don't have leathers and don't plan to buy any. On the other hand, as a commuter and touring rider, I could get good use from one of those cordura nylon Aerostitch riding suits. Are these allowed on the track?

To use the rental leathers, I'd need something to fit a 5'10" male, 210 pounds, 42" waist and 46" chest with an extra large helmet for my extra large head.

Thanks.

I'd like to attend a CSS at VIR soon. I don't have leathers and don't plan to buy any. On the other hand, as a commuter and touring rider, I could get good use from one of those cordura nylon Aerostitch riding suits. Are these allowed on the track?

To use the rental leathers, I'd need something to fit a 5'10" male, 210 pounds, 42" waist and 46" chest with an extra large helmet for my extra large head.

Thanks.

Hey Crash,

I can tell you that last year at VIR I used a two piece textile suit (First Gear) and it was acceptible for CSS (since it zipped together at the waist) however if you want to do subsequent track days, groups like NESBA generally only allow textile in the beginner or Intro groups and usually only if they are one-piece or have a full circumference zipper.

As for rental leathers, they do have a significant selection and could probably fit you but I will defer to those with direct experience with that.

If you happen to do the two day camp at VIR in May let me know as I'll be there.

Best,

Carey

On a related note, I loved my one-piece Aerostitch suit when I was commuting on my bike everyday. It rained (lightly most of the time) on me almost everyday, so having a waterproof suit was really nice, and I liked knowing I had better crash protection (which I never tested thankfully) than more casual riding attire.

Aerostich seems to be a solid suit, see a lot of them. We will take any motorcycle specific suit, if 2 piece must have solid overlap/suspensders, or zip together.

Leather still seems to be the first choice, and a nice vented suit (one of ours) makes a big difference on a warm day.

CF

Archived