June Level I & Ii

Hey everyone,

I will be attending Level I & II next moth at Willow Springs. I am really excited about it, but kinda nervous at the same time. Excited cuz I'm really looking forward to improving what I've tried putting into practice after reading TOTW II. This will be my first time on a track, and I will be using one of their bikes so it will be my first extensive time on a liter bike (which is the reason for my apprehension). Anyone else have this issue when attending the school? How did you get past it?

Also, was I supposed to receive anything in the mail from CSS? I know there is a waiver I must fill out, but I read on the website that I would be receiving more info about the track/area. I'm about two weeks out and have only received confirmation about my class dates via email. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ozzy

Hey everyone,

I will be attending Level I & II next moth at Willow Springs. I am really excited about it, but kinda nervous at the same time. Excited cuz I'm really looking forward to improving what I've tried putting into practice after reading TOTW II. This will be my first time on a track, and I will be using one of their bikes so it will be my first extensive time on a liter bike (which is the reason for my apprehension). Anyone else have this issue when attending the school? How did you get past it?

Also, was I supposed to receive anything in the mail from CSS? I know there is a waiver I must fill out, but I read on the website that I would be receiving more info about the track/area. I'm about two weeks out and have only received confirmation about my class dates via email. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ozzy

Ozzy,

The S1000RR is a very well mannered literbike and you should have no issues if you are comfortable on your Gixxer 600. CSS's accident rate actually dropped after moving to them. Also in all 4 of my CSS classes I felt the overall attitude from everyone attending was that you should ride well within your limits as you are there to learn, not set track records. You should feel no pressure to ride above your head. All in all it was a great way to be introduced to the track!

As for paperwork I have always received mine via email. If you are 2 weeks out and haven't gotten it you should give Whitney Fair a call in the CSS office. She is great and will help straighten you out. (800) 530-3350.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Carey

What Carey said. Plus, they have plenty of tactics that will keep you from getting carried away. They set a single higher gear in the first session and move you up as the days go. They also start you out without brakes, so you're extra careful going into corners. When are you going? I'm going to be there on the 11th. I'm doing Streets though.

Thanks guys,

I will be attending June 11 & 12. It'll be at The Streets of Willow Springs. Thank you both for your input. I hear the S1000RR is a great bike. I am really looking forward to attending the classes and improving my riding.

Thanks again,

Ozzy

Archived