New To Track / School / Board

Hey Everyone,

Great board ! After reading and watching Twist II I have been applying concepts to my riding for a couple months and been progressively gaining some confidence. I will be attending Level 1 on June 11 at willow springs. Hope to meet some of you out on the track. I've been waiting to progress my skills onto the track because I get a handful of distractions riding through the local canyons. So hopefully this will be a good start to get a feel for the track aspect.

Marius

Marius,

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information here but don't be afraid to jump in and participate.

I think you will find CSS an excellent introduction to the track (I know I did) and once you get a taste of it you will have to go back. Combine that with the feedback you will get from the coaches and you are in for a great experience. Are you riding your bike or are you going to try out one of the school's S1000RRs?

Best,

Carey

Hey Everyone,

Great board ! After reading and watching Twist II I have been applying concepts to my riding for a couple months and been progressively gaining some confidence. I will be attending Level 1 on June 11 at willow springs. Hope to meet some of you out on the track. I've been waiting to progress my skills onto the track because I get a handful of distractions riding through the local canyons. So hopefully this will be a good start to get a feel for the track aspect.

Marius

Marius,

Welcome aboard! I have found that this is a great place to get insight and advice on all things riding/motorcycle. I have learned quite a bit from TOTW II and the people on this forum. I will be at Willow Springs on the 11th and 12th for levels 1 and 2. I've been applying the techniques from Keith's book and DVD, but am looking forward to the critique and added knowledge that the coaches will provide. See you there!!

Ozzy

Marius,

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information here but don't be afraid to jump in and participate.

I think you will find CSS an excellent introduction to the track (I know I did) and once you get a taste of it you will have to go back. Combine that with the feedback you will get from the coaches and you are in for a great experience. Are you riding your bike or are you going to try out one of the school's S1000RRs?

Best,

Carey

Thanks for the welcome and info Carey. I will be using using their bike. I would've liked to use my own but I haven't planned nor set-up the bike for transportation and track prep. Hopefully in the future (after a couple track days) I will most likely be able to do so.

Marius

Hey Everyone,

Marius

Marius,

Welcome aboard! I have found that this is a great place to get insight and advice on all things riding/motorcycle. I have learned quite a bit from TOTW II and the people on this forum. I will be at Willow Springs on the 11th and 12th for levels 1 and 2. I've been applying the techniques from Keith's book and DVD, but am looking forward to the critique and added knowledge that the coaches will provide. See you there!!

Ozzy

Hey Ozzy thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to the class ! Will this be an intro for you to track as well ?

Marius

Thanks for the welcome and info Carey. I will be using using their bike. I would've liked to use my own but I haven't planned nor set-up the bike for transportation and track prep. Hopefully in the future (after a couple track days) I will most likely be able to do so.

Marius

Be forewarned...I used their bike for the same reasons and now I want one for my stable! That S1000RR is a wonderful bike. What do you ride at home?

Hey Everyone,

Marius

Marius,

Ozzy

Hey Ozzy thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to the class ! Will this be an intro for you to track as well ?

Marius

Yeah, this will be my first time on the track. I can't wait! Have heard nothing but great things from the people on this forum.

Ozzy

Marius

Be forewarned...I used their bike for the same reasons and now I want one for my stable! That S1000RR is a wonderful bike. What do you ride at home?

I believe it's an impressive machine. It would take me plenty of experience to appreciate it's capabilities. I'm still learning with my honda cbr 600rr with about 3k (moslty local canyon and highway traffic riding).

Archived