Hi From Australia

Hi cornering fans,

My names Marty I'm from Sydney Australia.

My local track is Eastern Creek. I'm lucky enough that CSS run their school there and plan to do level 1 soon.

I've got about 6 track days under my belt and hundreds of hours on the mountains. I'm moving my attention to the track since I've copped too much heat from the law.

Im currently building a dedicated track bike - a 07 CBR600RR.

I'm a big fan of Keith Codes teaching style, I have a technical background and I like know how things actually work not bs theories and slogans etc.

Welcome to the forum Marty! I know you are going to love the school and participating in the forum will surely help you get the most from the school. It would have helped me, but then again my level 1 class was my first trip to the crack...er...I meant track. So you are ahead of me there. The whole no cops, no oncoming traffic, no road salt...the track is a beautiful thing. I'm getting all misty eyed just waiting for next season.

Good luck at the school (you'll have to tell us how it goes) and don't be afraid to jump in and participate here. There is a ton of expertise available and they folks are friendly. Well, Jason gets a little cranky from time to time but that's just when he isn't getting enough saddle time (just kidding JZ tongue.gif)

Best,

Carey

Welcome Marty. Don't pay Carey any mind. He's just upset that my season is still going on, and his bike sits there, lonely for his buttocks. Keiths information is great to start with. It gives you incredible comfort on the bike while you go through the process of trial and error with the other stuff. I've been following TOTW stuff for 5 years now, and still use the majority of it because it's the best style for me. Enjoy.

Welcome Marty. Don't pay Carey any mind. He's just upset that my season is still going on, and his bike sits there, lonely for his buttocks. Keiths information is great to start with. It gives you incredible comfort on the bike while you go through the process of trial and error with the other stuff. I've been following TOTW stuff for 5 years now, and still use the majority of it because it's the best style for me. Enjoy.

That made me laugh out loud! But sadly it's too true, it's starting to get cold here...but my bike isn't missing my butt. I sit on it in the garage and make vroom vroom noises as I race the Isle of Man in my head (at least until the Doc puts me back on my meds...).

:D

I'm looking to see if I can pull of some time-honored off season training (getting dirty!).

We'll have to see, already the winter has a few projects going on!

CF

Thanks for the welcome. Wow I love getting the snowboard out in winter (I need to drive for 6 hours) but I guess I take it for granted that I can do track days all year around.

I've got a couple of projects on the go aswell, I've got my CBR600RR track bike and a drag car.

Cheers

Marty

Track days all year around and Koala bears. That's it I'm moving down under!

Archived