Tire Wear - Front Versus Rear

I am running Dunlop GP-A's on my track only Tuono. The rear is done after four solid track days but the front still looks good. I am an Amateur racer with mid-pack CMRA times.

What is the experience out there of how long a front lasts versus the rear. Not looking for opinion's, I am looking for experience. I understand variables, like riding style, tire pressure, etc. so no need to go too deep into that, I am just looking for numbers for front versus rear. 1:1, 1.5:1, 2:1 etc.

I am running Dunlop GP-A's on my track only Tuono. The rear is done after four solid track days but the front still looks good. I am an Amateur racer with mid-pack CMRA times.

What is the experience out there of how long a front lasts versus the rear. Not looking for opinion's, I am looking for experience. I understand variables, like riding style, tire pressure, etc. so no need to go too deep into that, I am just looking for numbers for front versus rear. 1:1, 1.5:1, 2:1 etc.

1 front for 2 rears is reasonable. But every bike and rider are different. There is no absolute rule.

Rear 3000 km's , front 5000 km's both the Fireblade and the CBF1000 (Michelin PIPO2CT, streetrider, no track)

Rear 3000 km's , front 5000 km's both the Fireblade and the CBF1000 (Michelin PIPO2CT, streetrider, no track)

We have observed its often close to 2 to 1.

CF

Archived