I Think I Screwed Up With My Q2's

Could have swarn I had 190.55 17 rear ancient regular qualifiers. They were old and warn out so went to get the new Q2 put on. The 55s rubbed the chain and the installer recommeded we put on a 50. The 50 cleared the chain but now I think the tire is to flat. I guess I should have just put 180.55s on. Now Im stuck with this low profile 190/50 rear tire and heading to L1 an L2 in a month. Should I just bite the bullet and swap for the 180/55 rear?...bike is a 2000 Duc 900ss. Stock tire is a 170/55 but I've got wide marchesinis on the rear. Thus the chain clearence problem....crud.

Could have swarn I had 190.55 17 rear ancient regular qualifiers. They were old and warn out so went to get the new Q2 put on. The 55s rubbed the chain and the installer recommeded we put on a 50. The 50 cleared the chain but now I think the tire is to flat. I guess I should have just put 180.55s on. Now Im stuck with this low profile 190/50 rear tire and heading to L1 an L2 in a month. Should I just bite the bullet and swap for the 180/55 rear?...bike is a 2000 Duc 900ss. Stock tire is a 170/55 but I've got wide marchesinis on the rear. Thus the chain clearence problem....crud.

I have the 190/50's and I would never go that profile again at the track. IMO 180/55 would be the go if they fit, ebay your 190's

If your headed to L1+2 soon I'm fairly sure you can pick up a new Q2 for a very good price from the school and have Will fix your tire situation up just fine at the track the first morning, tho I'd recommend arriving a little early if you go that route

If your headed to L1+2 soon I'm fairly sure you can pick up a new Q2 for a very good price from the school and have Will fix your tire situation up just fine at the track the first morning, tho I'd recommend arriving a little early if you go that route

Thats probably a great idea. I will be out there early and have the guys put a different size on the bike for me. There must be a difference in size between the old qualifiers and the new Q2 cause Id bet a hundred bucks I had 190/55 on there before.