Hello From Miri, Borneo

hey everyone, glad I found this forum.. the one which really discussing about tecnhical/technology of riding motorcycle. well, bit about myself.. just got my Ninja 250r on September 2011.. started to learned riding from scratch after 10 years never ride one (last time I got small capacity 115cc moped on 2000-2002) good news, we do have gokart track here where at least we can learn riding safely especially on cornering. started actively do some track riding every weekend on November 2011 with only some reference from online forum advise and youtube video.. spill 2 times respray and repair my bike, and quite track ride.

Through out my search, I can consider myself lucky to met someone online by December 2011 and advise me to get myself a copy of Twist of The Wrist II video and straight away bought it off of ebay. This video teach me a lot of things that I never know regarding motorcycle riding skill before, especially counter steering, body positioning, SR, and lot more.. from day I watched that video, I imply all the technique to my riding skill and I can say i'm improve a lot now. maybe it's time for track riding again :)

here's some picture during my track day November last year, I might do this again to see how much I can handle those tight cornering on gokart track

304004_10150380689518215_525870756_a.jpg

317567_10150368929693215_80907361_n.jpg

302062_10150365886388215_1982017451_n.jpg

298385_2665445879106_646701879_n.jpg

areal view of track

go_kart_miri4_1.jpg

5112123.jpg

3-622007113221.jpg

Welcome to the forum Andy. It looks like you are having a lot of fun on that Ninja. From everything I've heard it makes a great track bike.

And most of us here will agree that whoever advised you to pick up the TOTW II DVD did you a big favor. Have you picked up a copy of the book as well? The DVD is a great compliment to the book so I would recommend picking that up too. Pretty soon it will be a well worn old friend as you will find yourself going back to again and again as you work on your riding. It's an process, as we get faster the same skills need to being refined and improved, throttle control, rider input, vision, body position...all constantly being improved to pick up the pace.

Glad you found the forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here so jump in and post up.

Best,

Carey

And BTW...that track looks like a real workout!

thanks for your input Carey. I do have a copy of TOTW II as well, which I bought it before I found DVD version (ordered it a week before I get DVD). I'm going to get myself another book; Soft Science of Road Racing Motorcycles. Even though i'm not a racer but I think to read all articles wrote by you guys especially our cornering guru, Keith Code, is something precious... something I should not miss. I still have a lot to learn and even you can see from the picture that my body still very stiff on the bike. i'll keep reading and practicing.. and yeah, I do let my motorcycle group member know your existent :)

that track are open for public every Sunday and it's FREE :D (thank to our local municipal)

Cheers

Andy

Welcome to the Forums Andy,

you look pretty good on the bike there and I will agree with Carey that track looks like quite the workout. They run track days there every weekend ?? Is that a club or do they just open the track up to anyone who wants to pay for admission ?

Tyler

Welcome to the Forums Andy,

you look pretty good on the bike there and I will agree with Carey that track looks like quite the workout. They run track days there every weekend ?? Is that a club or do they just open the track up to anyone who wants to pay for admission ?

Tyler

that track open for public every weekend, closed on weekday unless there's any organisation (cubprix, gokart, private group) request to use the track. It's belong to local municipal and maintained by them, no coach provided by them but there's club around here like Kart race and motorcub (moped) race sometimes training or arrange some competition in this track with their own coach and rider/racer. I normally visit track on Sunday with few of my fellas as it's open to everyone. No fee and so on, it's free. This track built specifically for kart race but since not much respond from local people around here on gokart, they decided to open it for motorcycle race as well :)

detail info about that track: http://www.miriresortcity.com/go_kart

...that track are open for public every Sunday and it's FREE :D (thank to our local municipal)

Free track days...that just made many of us green with envy :P .

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Andy. Good to hear it was just the bike scratched up in those spills, and definitely better for that to happen on the track than the road! Speaking of a free track... I wish our council would do something like that!! Looks like a pretty good track as well, lots of corners, just what you need...

Cya 'round the forums! smile.gif