Dunlop Q5....

There's a reddit discussion about the Q5 being a replacement for the Q4 to solve a wear issue.

The tire seems to be available at online vendors. I would think CSS could get them as a Dunlop vendor.

Roadracing World is calling it a track day tire.

The tire is listed on Dunlop's website.

And the marketing people have published a commercial about it:

That's all I got.

Thanks, I'd heard it was available. curious if any of the forum members had ridden on them yet.  

• Like 1

...and had I checked my email, I would have seen the marketing email I got from Dunlop 90 mins ago. They must've seen me check their website or Google search the tires.

Reading through the marketing fluff Dunlop talks about the tire having increased contact patch over the Q4. From the contact patch curves they posted it looks like it has a larger contact patch when the tire is above a 35% lean angle.  Also looks like they are making them for a broader range of tire sizes.  Should be a fun tire.  Look forward to rolling with a set on track at some point.

Me too.  The Q4 was better in every category than the Q3+...except wear.  I'll be interested to hear how that 5 works.

Dylan and JJ ended up going to Buttonwillow racetrack yesterday, some kind of release on the Q5.  Both said the tire was good, real good.  More when I can get some specifics.

• Like 1

Link below is to an article about Dunlop's new Q5. It shares 11 "fast facts" about the new tire touching on profile, stiffness and compound improvements.  

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2022/11/15/dunlop-sportmax-q5-first-look-11-fast-facts-for-the-track/

• Thanks 1

Thanks CF.  

JJ and Dylan were at Buttonwillow 2 days ago.  JJ said it was cold, but the tire still felt great.