Liqui Moly--products

Vinny, how about an overview of the core LM products for the street or track day rider (not necessarily racer).  Maybe touch on a few that would be a good starting point.  

What would you recommend and why?  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for being so patient! 😉

My number one would have to be our 4T Additive. I'm sure a few of us can't get to ride every week - or have more than one bike and might not get on it for a month in the rotation. Adding the 4T to a full tank of fuel will keep it fresh a month or two (if you don't ride), and won't let any water or ethanol interact with the plastic lines or metal of the total fuel system. It also cleans the gum. lacquer and varnish that form at the injectors, or carburetor, when ridden and will keep them clean and the whole system protected for 1,200 miles. Clean injectors = smooth starting, idling and throttle response.

For a little more fun, and fuel mileage, try our Speed Additive to a full tank (2 or 4 stroke). This product atomizes the fuel to fill the piston chamber fuller with more, smaller fuel molecules to burn better during combustion. Increased throttle response especially in low and partial power applications, and extended fuel range when touring because you're burning the fuel more efficiently. Only bummer is that it only lasts as long as it's in the tank. When it's done - your bike is back to Clark Kent mode.

Lastly, folks don't usually know that our Visor Cleaner is also an anti-fog for the inside of the shield. Spray it in there and let it dry. Then wipe with a microfiber and no worries about fog.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question on availability.  I'd found LM products at NAPA, but none near me.  Does Autozone carry LM products?  O'Reilly?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 6:25 PM, Cobie Fair said:

Another question on availability.  I'd found LM products at NAPA, but none near me.  Does Autozone carry LM products?  O'Reilly?

Keep in mind that only our Powersports products are available from any Powersports Dealers in the country that do business with Parts Unlimited and/or Drag specialties, including Cycle Gear online and Revzilla. Maybe a few things on Amazon.

That being said - our Auto/Truck products can be found at NAPA, AutoZone (usually additives only), Advance Auto (most oils - anything can be ordered in), Parts Authority and Amazon. If you use our Free Oil Guide online at our website at https://www.liqui-moly.com/en/us/, and put in your vehicle info. It will only show all the Approved/recommended products and capacities for the motor, gear box, tranny, differentials, brake fluids etc...when you see the product - click on it for more info, and a "where to buy" button should pop up to give you online and store options.

Excellent Vinny, thanks.

I know personally I got a nice mileage improvement with my '06 Mustang using Jectron and then the valve cleaner (1-2 mgp).

On 3/20/2023 at 6:58 PM, Cobie Fair said:

Excellent Vinny, thanks.

I know personally I got a nice mileage improvement with my '06 Mustang using Jectron and then the valve cleaner (1-2 mgp).

That's great!

All of Liqui Moly's stand alone additives are made to get whatever machine you have - running like it was new again, and gaining a bit of longevity as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Just used the Shooter additive for my 2000 KX250 (2-stroke).  So far, so good.  I thought I was going to clean the carb, our chief mechanic recommended the Shooter, as it was bogging slightly from off to on throttle.

Vinny,

I started another thread on engine oil, when you get a sec, have a look at that one please.

Best,

Cobie