Css @ Barber 8/26 Feedback

Me and one of my friends attended the school at Barber and had a blast. I have been riding since I was 14, but have only 3 years experience on sport style motorcycles. I learned more in those few hours, than I have learned my whole time riding and reading books. One of the biggest things I learned was the power of counter steering and relaxing as opposed to unconsciously or consciously muscling the handlebar.

I go to Hallett Motor Racing Circut in Oklahoma often and am pretty slow as I am new to track riding(1 year). I had a huge barrier about entering corners at any speed besides slow. The no brakes drill and quick turning along with great coaching by Jeffro helped me drop 7 seconds off of my time at Hallett, when I went to my next track day 1 week later. I even drug both knees and did not freak out! I still have a lot of learning to do and plan to go back to CSS every chance I get for as long as the wife allows me. ;)

post-1363-1158610496_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
I go to Hallett Motor Racing Circut in Oklahoma often and am pretty slow as I am new to track riding(1 year). I had a huge barrier about entering corners at any speed besides slow. The no brakes drill and quick turning along with great coaching by Jeffro helped me drop 7 seconds off of my time at Hallett, when I went to my next track day 1 week later. I even drug both knees and did not freak out! I still have a lot of learning to do and plan to go back to CSS every chance I get for as long as the wife allows me. ;)

Hey Chris, you going to be at Barber this weekend? (Aug 25-28th 2007) Always a pleasure to see you there and see your continued improvement...

Jeffro

Me and one of my friends attended the school at Barber and had a blast. I have been riding since I was 14, but have only 3 years experience on sport style motorcycles. I learned more in those few hours, than I have learned my whole time riding and reading books. One of the biggest things I learned was the power of counter steering and relaxing as opposed to unconsciously or consciously muscling the handlebar.

WOW 7 seconds is HUGE!!! That's bitchen! The secret to getting permission from the wife, is to get her to ride at the school too. Then you'll have Carte Blance! ;) Glad you had a great time.

• 2 months later...

WOW 7 seconds is HUGE!!! That's bitchen! The secret to getting permission from the wife, is to get her to ride at the school too. Then you'll have Carte Blance! ;) Glad you had a great time.

Yes... I agree about the "bringing of the wife... in theory.. but the other problem then is.. she'll wanna ride with you on the street.. which then means that you need to get a bike for her.. gear for her... man.. it's cheaper to just say your going "golfing with the fella's" for the weekend.. OH. and then.. make DARN sure that you stay ShinySide up ;)

Cheers.. and let us know how that "wife at the track thing works out" I would like to know!