Suspension Adjusted For Each Student?

I'm signed up for a 2-day camp in April. Does the staff adjust the suspension of the bikes to the students, or are they used as-is? Just curious, as every article I read about suspension makes such a big deal out of it. Thanks.

Can't answer in general, but at the two-day camp I attended, the bike was not set up for individual students that I know of.

At the camp I attended there were two run groups, and each bike was shared by two students in the different groups.

Since you'll probably never be running 10/10ths during the school, I would imagine that settings "in the ballpark" are sufficient.

FWIW the bike felt great to me (of course it was only the third bike I'd ever ridden, so YMMV). Of course, I weigh 165lbs, which makes me around 180 with gear - the weight which corresponds to what I understand is often the "default" setup for bikes.

-- Ulrich

What we have found over the years is that when you get the bike to work well, it really works well over a fairly broad range of riders and skills, and weights. Will has done a pretty good job of figuring that out (our cheif mechanic), and the last few models have had excellent suspension. That being said, if a rider is at one end of the other weight-wise (very heavy or very light) it might not be perfect.

Honestly, I can't remember the last negative comment on the suspension, mostly just guys raving about them and how well they handle.

Cobie

What we have found over the years is that when you get the bike to work well, it really works well over a fairly broad range of riders and skills, and weights. Will has done a pretty good job of figuring that out (our cheif mechanic), and the last few models have had excellent suspension. That being said, if a rider is at one end of the other weight-wise (very heavy or very light) it might not be perfect.

Honestly, I can't remember the last negative comment on the suspension, mostly just guys raving about them and how well they handle.

Cobie

Works for me. Thanks, guys.