Best Chapters To Read

Guest Eric

Hello, I plan on taking 2 back to back days this summer at Barber starting totally (green) and I'm really looking foward to the learning experience. Now I own both Twist books I,II and the Soft Science book and thier excellant material obviously intended to be read over more than a few times for material to really sink in. What chapters in which books do you recomend I focus the most on for my first 2 days of school experience? I now all the info. is crucial but I would like specific focus to aid in school time. Thanks much Eric

Eric,

Without knowing what your riding skills are, it would be a disservice to you to say that one chapter is more relevant than another. You have plenty of time to read them - and then to re-read them.

I can't tell you how many times I have re-read them and I always find something new or something that I didn't comprehend before.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second Kevin's advice.

I bought both of the "Twist" books and read them before the course. It's good to read everything to get as complete an understanding as possible of Keith's approach.

My advice: don't obsess on anything particular... The school is self-contained - you don't need to have read the books in order to do well at the course, so it's not important to have memorized anything in detail.

Also, there is quite a difference in reading about doing something and actually doing it.

Make sure that you understand what the book is talking about, but don't form too strong an opinion about it until you've had a chance to actually try it on the track. Once you've ridden on the track, I think you'll find that you can understand the books' advice in a lot more practical terms.

(I attended a two-day camp last November in Las Vegas)

-- Ulrich

Is it just CSS in Australia that give out the chapter references for the 5 drills for each day?

I have a possible answer to your question for the first two days in the way that the instructors in Australia gave, and considering all schools across the globe stick to the same teachings and format I'm sure that these would be correct, but....

Could a CSS instructor please ok me to pass this info on, the one thing I certainly don't want to do is to pass non relevant infomation onto a student. (not that I think this CSS material isnt relevant, just its not my call, could also be intellectual property that I'm not authorized to give out.)

If the instructor doesnt know the letters with the drills and associated TOTW/SSORR references then please email me directly on cbwoods@iinet.net.au

Regards

JasonBW, Wollongong, Australia

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting on a CSS staffer or instructor to OK this... if you're not a staffer or instructor and would like this material then reply to this thread so the CSS team know theres interest.

Regards

I'm waiting on a CSS staffer or instructor to OK this... if you're not a staffer or instructor and would like this material then reply to this thread so the CSS team know theres interest.

Regards

Hi Jason,

First off, thanks for asking, I know what you are referring to. Normally these references are given out AFTER the schools to students, so someone could remind themselves, go over in more detaial, etc. Since this comes from our diaries, and is copyrighted, let me check with Keith before we give this out, but I don't imagine a problem.

Best,

Cobie