MM93 Crash Insights

Graybeard

Bare in mind we are talking about an individual who in the past, seems to have possessed godlike abilities. Well until you look at his nearly career ending crash. Since then, all you hear from him is, it’s the bike, its the bike. However, if you look at his crashes, they are of the same, tucking of the front scenario, so I feel it is something he is doing, like trail braking with too much force and not a smooth release of the brake, upsetting the chassis and a shift of weight to the rear, unloading the front.

I think his problem is taking up real estate in his own mind and he seems to be stuck on the it’s the bikes fault instead of clearing your mind and approaching it with a, I need to fix this I want to win another championship.

IMHO, his championship days are over. He will be competitive, up front, but nothing more.

What are your thoughts on this? 

• 3 weeks later...

I admired the guy's skill level, but some things he has done...doesn't make me a fan.  Haven't listened much to what he says happens/reason for his finishes, interesting he blames the bike.  Like you, I'll be surprised if he wins another championship.

The mental side of this game is huge.  How does one do well and stay mentally healthy...now there is a subject for discussion :)