Uh Oh

Guest gmicklus

Guest gmicklus

I have just registered for a two day camp in may at pocono I am 36 yrs old an avid smoker a little over weight and would still like to get the most out of this opportunity with the time between now and then i could get in shape but am not quiete sure what would be the most beneficial type of work outs etc...

I have just registered for a two day camp in may at pocono I am 36 yrs old an avid smoker a little over weight and would still like to get the most out of this opportunity with the time between now and then i could get in shape but am not quiete sure what would be the most beneficial type of work outs etc...

A lot of the guys bicycle ride, get some good aerobic exercise, and using the legs (that's one of my favorites). A little bit of weight training can be good too: arms, back, chest, abs, legs (that's pretty much the whole thing :)

Being in good condition can really help make the day go better.

I'll also recommend a little gentle stretching.

Best,

Cobie

Chief Riding Coach

• 4 weeks later...

Until last weekend I was primarily focusing on cardio - 45 minutes on a treadmill maintaining 135bpmHR 4 days a week.

Now I'm more concerned about healing - I wrecked my mountain bike, scrambled my brain (no memory of the accident), fractured my eye socket and broke my wrist. Now I’m waiting to find out if I need surgery on my wrist (dr. said something about plates and screws). I’m also waiting to find out when I’ll be back at 100%. I was hoping to attend in June at Barber, but now I might have to wait until August.

Not a happy camperA

Cycling is great, gives you lower body/leg strength

Until last weekend I was primarily focusing on cardio - 45 minutes on a treadmill maintaining 135bpmHR 4 days a week.

Now I'm more concerned about healing - I wrecked my mountain bike, scrambled my brain (no memory of the accident), fractured my eye socket and broke my wrist. Now I’m waiting to find out if I need surgery on my wrist (dr. said something about plates and screws). I’m also waiting to find out when I’ll be back at 100%. I was hoping to attend in June at Barber, but now I might have to wait until August.

Not a happy camperA

Tweek,

Yikes! Hope you get patched up well and fast. Circulation for the wrist and other areas---one thing that can help is getting some masage until you can get some light exercise in.

Best,

Cobie