Riding An Unfamiliar Bike In School? How Does The School Deal With It

Thing are looking good for signing up in June - I'm just waiting on my next gig to get setup so that I know where my pay check is coming from.

anway - I'm going to rent one of the schools bikes. I've been riding an EX500 for nearly a year and have gotten to know it pretty well. I commute to work on it just about everyday.

How does the school deal with people jumping on bikes they have no experience with (not to mention twice the power in my case)?

How does the school deal with people jumping on bikes they have no experience with (not to mention twice the power in my case)?

The way the bikes are set up and work, we normally see a short period of adjustment, about 1-2 sessions. Then we mostly hear "these bikes are great!" and lots of grinning. The new ZX-6's are fantastic, they do everything right, power is excellent, but not like a liter bike which can be a handful, brakes are amazing. I just spent a day chasing 600's on a 1000 and noticed how rock solid the 600's looked compared to what I was riding. You won't be unhappy for sure :D

Best,

Cobie

Actually - this is going to be a great oportunity to test drive the ZX6 before I buy one. I've read several articles about it and none have really said anything bad about it.

I'm not really too worried about it. I doubt I'll be the first stunt in the school's history that arrived having never ridden a super bike. I'm certain it can be handled. I was just curious to know if the school did anything specific to speed things along. Just throw us on the bikes and send us out?

Tweek,

You might already know, but we start without using a lot of brakes. This is a great exercise, gets everyone interested in the corners, and we give you some skills to help with that. Additionally, your on track coach (you will be assigned one) will have a look at you on the bike and make sure you are doing OK.

Honestly, most have gotten on them, and within a session or 2 were very, very happy. The bikes are very neutral, don't do anything wrong. The brakes work very well too, so you can be fairly light on those.

Let me know if any futher q's!

Best,

Cobie