Gear Rental Question

I think I'm all set for school in August but I have a question about the gear I'm renting - do I need to bring anything of my own? helmet, gloves, boots?

You need full riding gear---you can bring you own, or rent ours. We have full gear, or some just bring their own boots, gloves anduse our leathers.

Just let us know what you will do (call the office).

Best,

Cobie

perhaps I wasnt clear - I already paid for the rental. I just want to make sure that I pack the right stuff in my bag.

I may buy a helmet, gloves and boots to bring.

Got it. On hot days, an inner suit is the way to go. It makes getting in and out easier and also cooler. On hot days, worth it! Some riders use Body Armour, but my coaches use either RS Tai Ichi or Kushitanie inner suits. We sometimes have them at the track, but not always. If you want to call the office, we might have them on hand and you could get one. Supply is not always certain on that stuff.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Best,

Cobie

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Tiachi Inner suit. Great idea! And then I got the boots and gloves. And sense I was at the store and the owner made me such a great deal - I got the leathers too

Guess I need to call the office to see about a refund on the gear rental.

Any hints on how the heck you pack 50lbs of racing suit to fly on a plane? I'm hand carrying my helmet.

750534882_2494d6e46e.jpg

Might pay to fax (that way you get a fax back) the air line company re: helmet as hand carry.

In my experience its better to double check and have proof then to chance it.

Air lines have some silly rules and might not let you take your helmet.

"Air lines have some silly rules and might not let you take your helmet."

Tweek;

I flew cross country in 2004 with my helmet in a helmet bag (which I carried) and my suit, boots and gloves in my suitcase without any problem. In 2006, I did it again without a problem.

Kevin

I had to fly recently with leathers, and even in a large bag, it was under 50lbs. I only had a few other things in it though...I don't care for being charged for overweight baggage, bugs me!

CF