What You Takin About Willis?

O.K. I've been watching a lot of racin g on TV over the past 3 days.

After a while I took a low stool and stuck it in front of my Widescreen 42 inch plasma,

When they did in car cam on the Indy race and the F1 race I could practice (kind of)

the 3-step ! It was way cool!

I Thought that if you had a tank view video of a track, It would be easier to Learn

by sitting close and opening up your vision. Call Me crazy but It kinda worked.

Everything slowed down, I stoped looking at the drivers hands and started looking

as far down the track as I could. It was HD though. What if you were able to learn

the Basic lines of a track before you even turned one lap!!!

WHat If you had a video that had a nuematic shair attached to it to show you an average lap

lean angle and lean time for a given speed of video. Thats the Video Game I want!!!!!

Maybe someone has already thought of this, but wow has it changed the way I "watch racing"

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

After a while I took a low stool and stuck it in front of my Widescreen 42 inch plasma,

When they did in car cam on the Indy race and the F1 race I could practice (kind of)

I Thought that if you had a tank view video of a track, It would be easier to Learn

Everything slowed down, I stoped looking at the drivers hands and started looking

as far down the track as I could. It was HD though. What if you were able to learn

WHat If you had a video that had a nuematic shair attached to it to show you an average lap

lean angle and lean time for a given speed of video. Thats the Video Game I want!!!!!

Maybe someone has already thought of this, but wow has it changed the way I "watch racing"

IIRC, John Hopkins plays Playstation to familiarize himself with tracks he's never been to before. Maybe it's the same concept, eh?

IIRC, John Hopkins plays Playstation to familiarize himself with tracks he's never been to before. Maybe it's the same concept, eh?

Hopper states that playing playstation only gives him an idea of the direction the track goes, and that is all. I played playstation for hours before the first time I went to the nurburgring and when I did my first real lap I was like forget it, what I realised was video games and even real onboard video cameras do not give you any real idea of elevation changes, I have seen 100s of races and done 100s of playstation laps of laguna seca but I know that if (when) I ever ride that track I will be blown away by the elevation changes!

• 4 weeks later...